1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must upload a copy of your Form BIA-4432, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and you are submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must upload a copy of your most recent SF 50-B to verify status, otherwise credit will not be given.A. Yes
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veterans Preference? Note: You must upload your supporting documentation; otherwise credit will not be given. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.aspA. Yes
4. Do you possess a valid state drivers license which you have held for at least two years preceding this application?A. Yes
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?A. Yes
6. In addition to meeting experience and education requirements, applicants for this position must show possession of Office Automation skills and must have typing proficiency of 40 words per minute. Aplicants must meet these requirements by passing the appropriate performance test, presenting a certificate of proficiency from a school or other organization authorized to issue certificates by the Office of Personnel Management, or by self-certifying their proficiency. Falsification of this statement may be grounds for not employing you, or for dismissal.A. I certify I type at least 40 words per minute and possess the knowledge of general office automation software, such as word processing, personal computers, electronic mail, database, spreadsheets etc.
Experience and Education Requirements for the Accounting Technician (OA), GS-0525-05 position.
7. Please choose from response below that best indicates how you met the minimum qualifications for the GS-05, Accounting Technician (OA). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-04 grade level in the Federal service which includes examining, verifying, and maintenace of accounts and accounting data based on knowledge of standard accounting codes, classifications, and terminology. These examples are not all inclusive (refer to the summary of duties for specialized experience).
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of accounting procedures and techniques. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
8. Apply generally accepted accounting techniques and procedures in completing day-to-day accounting operations.
9. Maintain accounting records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
10. Apply federal accounting policies, procedures, and guidelines in completing obligation and payment transactions.
11. Review obligation and payment documents to determine completeness of documents, use of correct accounting codes, and propriety of expenditures.
12. Prepare adjusting entries using appropriate accounting codes.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to automated accounting systems. Select only one letter for each task.
13. Encode transactions in automated system to maintain accounts.
14. Research accounting data recorded in financial system to identify the cause of accounts receivable, and other reports of source documents.
15. Maintain and reconcile accounts in a computerized system, tracks fees, payments, balances, refunds, and status changes in the systems.
16. Use automated software tools to create specialized reports and/or to compare data.
17. Develop spreadsheets by setting up format and sequence of functions for entering, updating, revising, and retrieving accounting data.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of analyzing accounting data. Select only one letter for each task.
18. Research minor problems covering all aspects of processing technical accounting data, compile, analyze, and summarize data from systems, documents, and reports.
19. Analyze accounting and financial data to identify abnormal trends and analyze impact on operations.
20. Reconcile imbalances in accounting data.
21. Identify and gather appropriate accounting data to respond to data calls.
22. Ensure all discrepancies are researched and corrected, and verify a clear and concise audit trail exists.
Indicate your level of experience, education, and/or training as it relates to your knowledge of interpersonal skills. Select only one letter for each task.
23. Provide technical advice and assistance to others on proper accounting procedures, payments and collections, either orally or in writing.
24. Pepare draft memoranda or letters responding to inquires of routine nature explaining various aspects of processing fees, payments, and refunds.
25. Provide written responses to emails and other written inquires from program offices, and other customers of the Accounting office.
26. Inform supervisor or other official of issues or problems.
27. Develop and maintain effective relationships with others to complete daily tasks.
28. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position. For each task listed below, choose the letter that best describes your answer.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.