Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 786197
SUPERVISORY LEGAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST, GS-0901-12
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment, to claim Indian Preference? Note: Note: You must include your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a current status employee or were you a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting a copy of your most recent SF 50-B, Notification of Personnel Action? Note: You must include your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility.
3. Are you claiming Veteran's preference and submitting a DD-214 Certificate of Release of Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, with the required documents to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference. For more information, please go to the following website: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx
Incumbent will be required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties, therefore, a valid driver's license is required. Incumbent must have a safe driving record within the three-year period immediately preceding submittal of GSA Form 3607 and be able to meet the safe driving requirements of the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?
A background security investigation will be required for all new hires. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for termination.
5. Are you willing to undergo a comprehensive background investigation which includes, but is not limited to, contact with all references, employers, co-workers, personal associates and a review of your driving record, credit history, criminal history, and military service?
You must meet the specialized experience requirements for GS-0901 comparable in scope and responsibility to the next lower level in the federal service. Please note that your answers may be verified against the information you provide in your resume/application and information your references provide. The quality, type, and scope of your experience and/or training must demonstrate that you are fully qualified to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Be sure you describe your background as it relates to the duties of this position since your application or resume must support the response you select).
For more information, go to: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-12 Supervisory Legal Administrative Specialist (LTRO). Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.A. I have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service responsible for all phases of real estate transactions and management of trust lands, including leasing, acquisition and disposal activities, probate related activities, and title research/abstract activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task. (0 Points)
7. Serve as the key advisor to upper management focused on Trust Services for all trust and restricted lands within the Region.
8. Serve as the technical authority/expert on all actions and operations related to Land, Titles and Records, including the implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines.
9. Responsible for the day-to-day operations including: recording, imaging, microfilming, managing the maintenance of Federal land title documents, title examination, and administrative management duties.
10. Serve as the title document program manager, the technical authority in examining title documents for accuracy and completeness, interpretation of survey data, and verification of required approval signatures.
11. Oversee the implementation and operation of the Bureau's Trust Assets Accounting Management System (TAAMS) as applicable to the ownership of trust and restricted properties.
12. Prepare annual work estimates to define the personnel and budget requirements and justifications.
13. Manage the development and administration of a comprehensive budget plan that assures that program and production goals, and Regional priorities are met or exceeded.
14. Serve as a Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) of contracts and grants negotiated in support of LTRO program operations.
15. Responsible to monitor and evaluate contractor performance to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions;
16. Provide the leadership, management, program planning and implementation for all facets and activities of the Program.
17. Provide clear leadership to ensure that the EEO commitments are adhered to and to ensure fairness in making selections, and equal treatment of employees.
18. Supervise and assure a safe working environment for staff members.
19. Initiate personnel action to meet resource requirements.
20. Develop and conduct appraisal reviews.
21. Serve as the Region's Trust Asset Accounting Management System (TAAMS) Title Manager.
22. Responsible for the implementation and management of the Bureau's TAAMS Title.
23. Develop policies and procedures for collection of critical reports, retention of trust documents, and TAAMS Training of TAAMS Title users.
24. Recommend system enhancements to the TAAMS Data Administrator and to the TAAMS Requirements Team.
25. Provide advice, guidance and assistance to Tribal Officials, organized Tribal Business groups, and Agency Offices related to the execution of TAAMS Title.
26. Advise and support Regional staff; Superintendents and Tribes on policy and program matters pertaining to TAAMS Title.
27. Coordinate TAAMS Title development programs for the Tribes and individual Indians which involve multi-Agency participation.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
28. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.A. Yes, I verify that all of my responses to this questionnaire are true and accurate. I accept that if my supporting documentation and/or later steps in the selection process do not support one or more of my responses to the questionnaire that my application may be rated lower and/or I may be removed from further consideration.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.