Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Administrative Officer, GS-0341-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11grade level in the Federal service to include experience in planning, coordinating, and directing overall administrative management for a Division.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Review and analyze administrative directives and policies issued by CDC and the Coordinating Center to determine impact on current operations.
3. Recommend the establishment of and prepare administrative policies and procedures to implement throughout the Division.
4. Evaluate program operations to identify problems, inefficiencies, and develop recommendations for solutions.
5. Provide for the budgeting and financial management for the Division to advise management and program personnel on budgetary and finance issues.
6. Prepare detailed calculations and narrative justifications and other pertinent data and documents to support budget requests.
7. Participates in meetings to discuss justifications for budget increases, recommendations for resource allocations/reallocations, and resource priorities.
8. Prepare procurement requests, evaluate proposals for work and act as a COR for procurement to manage procurement and contracting for the Division.
9. Advise managers on procurement matters to ensure compliance with agency and appropriate federal procurement regulations.
10. Maintain an internal system for records and files to keep them available for immediate recall and inspection upon request by staff or auditors.
11. Train or arrange for the training of administrative support team members to develop relevant recommendations regarding procurement and contracting processes.
12. Serve as primary liaison with the human resources office to oversee human resources requirements.
13. Analyzes personnel resources to make recommendations for best utilization.
14. Review and update position descriptions in conjunction with managers to assure accuracy.
15. Process all personnel actions to provide guidance and assistance to supervisors and staff.
16. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.