Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however, we can not process your application without it.
Enter Technical Information Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (14-15) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise, you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. Warning Statement: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance. Note: If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.A. I agree with the warning statement above and will not overstate or understate my level of experience and demonstrated capability.
2. Please select the response that BEST describes the specialized experience you possess that meets the minimum qualifications for a GS-14 Technical Information Specialist. FAILURE TO RESPOND WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
3. Please select the response that BEST describes the specialized experience you possess that meets the minimum qualifications for a GS-15 Technical Information Specialist. FAILURE TO RESPOND WILL RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING.
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Analyze major issues in information access and dissemination.
5. Develop new technical information approaches, methods, guides, or standards for use by others.
6. Conduct analysis of the telecommunications and cyber security industries.
7. Utilize innovation to modify technical information precedents, methods and techniques.
8. Analyze technical information content and assign sufficient terms from authorized thesaurus to describe the material.
9. Develop new technical information services or technical information system enhancements.
10. Develop services and/or products for users (e.g., information locators, specialized databases, communications interfaces, special reports or analyses) that serve as agency/organization standards or as models for other information organizations.
11. Make decisions where information and information sources are rapidly expanding.
12. Solve problems regarding information access and dissemination under difficult circumstances.
13. Make decisions when technology for gaining access to information is undergoing major changes.
14. Modify standard information practices, precedents and techniques to meet specialized information requirements.
15. Adapt technical information automated systems to solve information access and dissemination problems.
16. Determine validity and relevance to research goals by evaluating e.g., major publications, electronic resources, and trends in the telecommunications industry.
17. Research the telecommunications and cyber security industries for technical information.
18. Develop thesauri and related dictionaries for a major technical information program.
19. Participate in researching foreign acquisitions of U.S. companies to determine whether they present national security concerns.
20. Review materials to identify products manufactured or services provided by the company being acquired.
21. Identify technologies underlying the products manufactured or services provided by the company being acquired.
22. Index journal articles and technical reports, regarding the access and dissemination of technical information.
23. Search agency/organization databases to obtain technical reports of completed research, and data on ongoing projects.
24. Convey technical information analytical findings through various means (e.g., reports, abstracts, summaries, charts, or graphs) to managerial personnel.
25. Provide support for Division briefings in support of agency/organization proposed mitigation agreements for all transactions resulting in vulnerabilities for agency/organization activities.
26. Make recommendations to change, interpret, or develop important or innovative information policies, programs, approaches, or analysis methods.
27. Respond to requests for information concerning research in the access and dissemination of technical information.
28. Provide information analysis and research to answer a wide range of inquiries.
29. Apply knowledge of telecommunications and cyber security to write research papers on these topics.
30. Prepare formal vulnerability assessments, including detailed and documented written analysis regarding vulnerabilities identified for transactions.
31. Assist attorneys in drafting technical and technology-related portions of mitigation agreements for agency/organization activities.
32. Prepare digests and abstracts of e.g., proposed legislation, revisions, amendments, and conference reports in the area of technical information.
33. Certification of Information Accuracy: I have taken an opportunity to review my responses to ensure their accuracy. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001), my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in me not being considered for this position. Note: If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.