The assessment part of the questionnaire includes questions about your eligibility, minimum qualifications, and KSAs (knowledge, skills and abilities) related to this position.
ELIGIBILITY: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for this vacancy. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) in response to the following question.A- Yes.
1. I am a citizen of the United States.
2. I am proficient in spoken and written English. [To be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA, applicants must be proficient in written and spoken English.]
VETERANS PREFERENCE - Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom. To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference.
3. Please choose the ONE statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for tentative ("5-point") preference.
ELIGIBILITY: The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment in the Federal Government. FAILURE TO RESPOND TO THESE QUESTIONS MAY RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING. Please choose A (Yes) or B (No) for each of the following items to identify which of the following descriptions applies to you.A- Yes.
4. I have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed.
5. I have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Exceptions: (1) new VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement.
6. I hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.