1. Select one response that demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualification requirement for the GS-07 grade level of this position.
2. Select one response that demonstrates how you meet the minimum qualification requirement for the GS-09 grade level of this position.
ADMINISTRATIVE PRACTICES AND PROCEDURES
For the following questions, choose ONE statement from the list (A through E) below that best describes your HIGHEST level of work experience in the task. Your answers to these task statements must be supported by your resume or your score may be lowered.
3. Conduct staff support and program management functions based on the needs, demands and/or size of an office.
4. Resolve issues and make recommendations to improve administrative processes.
5. Make recommendations designed to improve efficiency and effectiveness of office procedures.
6. Maintain official records regarding employee's employment/pay.
7. Assist timekeepers in resolving timekeeping problems/issues associated with system entry of data.
8. Receive and review employee applications to determine eligibility for a variety of employee benefit programs, such as health and life insurance.
9. Assist with planning and coordination activities to ensure and support the implementation of administrative management program operations.
10. Serve as timekeeping liaison between employees and office.
11. Coordinate work with senior staff to assist with the development of policies, procedures, standards, and methods for collecting, processing, analyzing, summarizing, and presenting statistical and performance data needed for program evaluation and decision making.
12. Identify problems, gather and analyze information, and draw conclusions, to make recommendations on administrative procedures, such as mail and filing processes.
13. Use qualitative or quantitative analyzes techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of clerical and administrative programs or operations.
14. Use qualitative or quantitative analyzes techniques to determine procedures that meet established goals and objectives of an organization.
15. Conduct studies and program analysis activities to determine the effectiveness of administrative operations.
16. Study and analyze information about alternative courses of action to determine which plan will offer the best outcomes.
17. Research and analyze information and develop new information about the subject studied to clarify results.
18. Identify and analyze priority areas or functions for emphasized coverage due to particular management interest, urgency, publicity, or other needs.
19. Analyze office requirements and take steps necessary to identify and obtain required products/services through procurement or contractual methods.
20. Review and respond to requests for office property, supplies, equipment, and communication/telecommunication products.
21. Ensure procurement or contractual methods are used and required documentation is obtained for requests of products or services.
22. Ensure compliance with organizational purchasing and supply requirements.
23. Utilize corporate credit card to purchase office supplies, equipment and services.
24. Ensure receipt and distribution of supplies.
25. Ensure the care, custody, and use of property assigned is carried out according to organizational procedures.
26. Utilize databases to track and verify vendor information.
27. Initiate requisitions when supplies are low or when specific items are needed that is not stocked.
28. Ensure vehicle records are accurate and vehicles are available for staff.
29. Keep records of vehicle inventories, maintenance, and servicing conducted.
30. Conduct semi-annual or annual inventories in accordance with office procedures.
31. Maintain supply inventories and monitor supply usage.
32. Ensure appropriate property records are maintained.
MAIL AND FILE MANAGEMENT
33. Screen and sort mail to ensure appropriate distribution.
34. Identify priority and special handling, mail requiring special monitoring, suspense or tracking.
35. Assist with the management and implementation of a records management plan for producing, accumulating, or maintaining records.
36. Assist with establishing policy for all records management actions taken.
37. Conduct surveys for the purpose of analyzing data to evaluate the effectiveness of a records management program.
38. Assist with establishing procedures for permitting individual immediate access to documents.
39. Maintain office files and ensure they are compliant with organizational procedures.
40. Maintain office publications and directives, ensuring they are current and updated periodically.
41. Conduct day-to-day mail room management to ensure that all mail is picked up expeditiously and delivered to appropriate locations.
42. Assist with the development of plans, policies, and procedures for record management activities and ensure policies and/or regulations are implemented.
43. Use a variety of office automation systems and software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint to prepare correspondence, reports, and spreadsheets.
44. Compile data using appropriate software programs, word processing programs, databases, and tracking systems.
45. Extract, revise, and sort information from files, records and databases.
46. Use computer software programs to develop reports, spreadsheets and correspondence in final form from rough draft, notes or oral instructions
47. Acquire and manipulate data/information, (e.g. input, extract, revise, and review).
48. Schedule tasks and check status in an automated system.
49. Use databases, word processing software to integrate different software types in order to carry out office automation duties such as word processing, receiving and transmitting.
50. Use automated systems to input and/or upload new accounting data for fiscal year changes.
51. Communicate orally with supervisors, co-workers, visitors and customers concerning organizational policies, practices, procedures and precedent guidelines.
52. Conduct new employee orientation training and exit interviews.
53. Train office staff on a variety of administrative functions, such as records management and timekeeping.
54. Establish and maintain communication with a variety of stakeholders, such as vendors, budget personnel and managers inside and outside of the organization.
55. Serve as liaison between staff and vendors for a vehicle lease program.
56. Interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed, and methods, equipment, and personnel used.
57. Confer with personnel concerned to ensure successful functioning of newly implemented systems or procedures.
58. Collect relevant statistics or other data, and assists with the preparation of reports with supporting tables, charts, and illustrations.
59. Develop measurement criteria, procedures, and data collection instruments that meet the needs of assigned study and identify problems and improvements.
60. Design, evaluate, recommend, and approve changes of forms and reports.
61. Write summary reports that include recommendations for program and process improvements.
62. Review forms and reports and confer with management and users about format, distribution, and purpose.
63. Prepare correspondence in final form from rough draft, notes or oral instructions.
64. Develop documents that include narrative, tabular and statistical data.
65. Develop documents using appropriate arrangement, spacing, format, grammar and spelling.
SECTION II. CERTIFICATION OF INFORMATION ACCURACY
66. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for this position.