Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Epidemiologist, GS-0601-13.A. I have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Epidemiologist, GS-0601-13.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in designing, overseeing, implementing and/or conducting epidemiological studies related to public health.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Identify and analyze occupational health issues and their impact on public policies, scientific studies or surveys.
4. Consult on, monitor, and measure the outcome of assigned programs through studies that evaluate the effectiveness of subject activities in meeting needs of program participants.
5. Participate with scientists and program consultants in various aspects of the study or survey design process.
6. Conduct search or review of existing literature and data on occupational reproductive health to identify research gaps or to provide context for interpretation of study data.
7. Provide advice and develop and implement procedures, methods and strategies for obtaining and using scientific data.
8. Evaluate project/study data collection, quality control, and/or data utilizations methods to ensure accurate interpretation of results.
9. Analyze study or project implementation procedures for improvement.
10. Identify and evaluate a wide range of health conditions in occupational reproductive health utilizing established and newly developed scientific and technical methods and practices.
11. Analyze complex data sets using advanced statistical software for scientific studies or surveys.
12. Comprehend the statistical assumptions underlying the analytic techniques employed
13. Analyze data using one or more of the following: SAS, SPSS, SUDAAN for scientific studies or surveys.
14. Communicate scientific findings or ideas orally as it relates to occupational health science.
15. Conduct presentations to community or professional groups as it relates to research or public health studies.
16. Collaborate with analyst and statisticians to develop joint analyses and publications.
17. Prepare papers and reports for presentation to professional groups and for publication in professional journals.
18. Develop health-related educational or informational materials to facilitate sharing of scientific advice.
19. Participate in the synthesis of epidemiologic data to be applied toward designing effective prevention programs and practice guidelines.
20. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included uin this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.