Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements Information Technology Specialist Team Lead, GS-2210-14.A. I have one year of specialized IT experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates competence in attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving. Specialized experience includes planning, coordinating, and performing software systems design and development for; identifying, analyzing, and making recommendations on the advancements in application development concepts, techniques, and tools; and leading IT projects or supervising a staff.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Develop software programs using SAS, in support of organization.
3. Analyze problems with SAS programming specifications and identify solutions.
4. Evaluate data collection methodologies and analytic techniques and determine the impact of the stages of record linkage processes on computer programming requirements.
5. Plan and direct the activities of the team in the implementation of computer processing and programming requirements for all phases of data collection, data processing, and data storage and for the integration of data files with differing structures.
6. Prepare programming specifications for the organization survey loads, record linkages, and other linkage activities, including specification of inputs, outputs, flow diagrams, decision logic tables, and linkages with other application systems.
7. Design, maintain, update, analyze and monitor data integrity of computer data bases.
8. Plan, construct and maintain databases for data storage, manipulation, and retrieval of health survey data and administrative records.
9. Provide programming and data management of various systems.
10. Develop and administer quality control, data verification, processes, tile conversion and consolidation, testing and requirements.
11. Provide technical assistance to data users in the organization as well as other Federal agencies.
12. Develop and promote computer programming standards for the Branch's data integration/linkage program.
13. Collaborate with subject matter specialists planning and developing data system requirements.
14. Evaluate and direct research into the feasibility of adapting program requirements to data processing systems and new automation technologies.
15. Develop, implement and support technologies, data architecture and security infrastructure to ensure privacy and confidentiality of survey data and administrative records.
16. Provide archiving and data base management functions for the Branch's data linkage programs.
17. Design and implement system of procedures to ensure data accuracy, consistency and reliability in terms of the agency's security and confidentiality standards.
18. Develop and implement secure systems for transfer of restricted data within the organization and between agencies.
19. Ensure integration of security policies, principles and practices in the delivery of data management services.
20. Participate in the formulation of the Branch and Division long range goals.
21. Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of difficulty and requirements of assignments and individual capabilities.
22. Make decisions on work problems presented by subordinate employees, projects and program managers, team leaders and contractors.
23. Perform full range of supervisory duties including approving leave, verifying timesheets, reviewing and evaluating performance and counseling employees.
24. Provide oral assessment of technical findings to coworkers in solving technology integration problems.
25. Make oral presentations to technical and non-technical audiences on the use of software methods and tools.
26. Coach and guide team members in completing assignments.
27. Prepare a variety of written technical documents to explain system specifications.
28. Make written assessment of technical findings to coworkers in solving technology integration problems.
29. Prepare and maintain detailed internal and external documentation for all programs in a clear and understood manner.
30. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.