Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for a Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-14.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If submitting Qualifications and Availability Form C, you must darken the oval corresponding to the statement that best describes your experience and/or training in Section 25. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Assess technologies and methodologies for data encryption, to identify opportunities to adapt current technology and methods or to develop new technology and methods to meet needs.
4. Develop standards, systems and processes to incorporate the full range of data confidentiality methods in support of mission.
5. Assess current methods and develop new methods for conducting disclosure reviews of data sets, data analyses, and statistical reports.
6. Perform basic research on problems relating to statistical disclosure limitation and protection of confidentiality in design, analysis and dissemination for data systems.
7. Review other mathematical and statistical research efforts to identify opportunities for incorporation of developments into current research efforts.
8. Prepare and give technical and other presentations to professional groups, write technical reports, and submit research manuscripts for publication in journals.
9. Serve as a peer reviewer for clearance of manuscripts and, at the request of statistical journals, for manuscripts submitted for publication.
10. Research and develop methods and processes to limit statistical disclosure for microdata, such as data swapping, perturbation, creation of synthetic data by imputation, use of missing data techniques or limiting data granularity.
11. Research and develop methods and processes to limit statistical disclosure for tabular data, such as controlled rounding and cell suppression.
12. Assess the impact of current survey methodologies on the protection of the confidential data produced.
13. Participate with professional staff in early discussions of the objectives and purposes of proposed data collections, the potential impact of objectives on the confidentiality of data, and disclosure risk avoidance in the design of the data collections.
14. Develop, test and evaluate new concepts and approaches to survey design, analysis and dissemination, with focus on disclosure limitation and protection of confidentiality.
15. Provide advice to program officials on measures to protect confidentiality of data and minimize risk of inadvertent disclosure in design, statistical analysis and dissemination; the use of data encryption to protect confidential data; protection of confidentiality in small-area estimation; and related aspects of data collection and production processes.
16. Represent organization at meetings with other agencies and scientific groups to encourage collaboration efforts related to statistical disclosure limitation.
17. Provide advice on the alteration of data sets to add information while protecting confidentiality or to remove information to enhance confidentiality.
18. Participate in the development of new or substantially modified systems to capture, manipulate, analyze, store and disseminate statistical data.
19. Work with data systems and processes in place and test and evaluate new data system innovations.
20. Develop and evaluate computational methods related to disclosure limitation and confidentiality.
21. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.