1. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that demonstrations your ability to perform the work of a Risk Management Officer at the CU-13 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU-12 level in the Federal Sector leading an exam team in a large complex financial institution; supervising problem financial institutions; managing a group of financial institutions; serving as a subject matter expert in examination, supervision and operation of financial institutions; and experience in assessing and providing guidance in the area of risk in financial institutions.
2. From the statements below, select the one response that best describes your highest level of experience you fully possess that demonstrations your ability to perform the work of a Risk Management Officer at the CU-14 level.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU-13 level in the Federal Sector managing several troubled financial institutions; participating on liquidation & conservator actions; providing quality control reviews on exam reports; participating on creating policy and financial analysis; and managing large data collection efforts. This experience must include analysis of statistical, financial, and economic trends of or affecting financial institutions.
For the following questions, please choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training as it relates to your ability to perform the work of this position.A- I have not had education, training, or experience in performing this task.
3. Analyze trends and reports in individual financial institutions and provide recommendations to address issues and concerns
4. Analyze trends and reports in an industry or industry segment to develop recommendations that address issues within the population studied.
5. Analyze supervisory group trends and reports to develop recommendations that influence policy and practices on a supervisory group or state level.
6. Analyze trends and reports to develop recommendations that influence policy and/or practices on an agency or organizational level.
7. Analyze national trends and reports to develop recommendations that influence policy and/or practices on a national level.
8. Serve as Examiner-in-Charge for financial institutions with assets exceeding $250 million.
9. Develop risk models.
10. Develop risk reports.
11. Develop loan analysis.
12. Develop financial analysis and trending.
13. Develop investment analysis
14. Develop regulatory waivers.
15. Develop information gathering methods.
16. Manage projects.
17. Analyze financial data and macro trends.
18. Identify emerging or potential risks for financial institutions.
19. Use spreadsheet software to analyze large groups of data, project effects of policy change, provide useful reports to larger audience, design forms.
20. Use presentation software to develop briefings, training materials, webcast materials, presentations for board & upper management.
21. Use word processing software to reports, memos, instruction guides.
22. Use database software to query information.
23. Develop instructions related to financial reporting.
24. Answer questions based off research and understanding of financial reporting when the instructions provided do not directly address the issue questioned.
25. Develop training material.
26. Prepare reports related to national trends, policy changes, reporting changes.
27. Develop written analyses to evaluate financial trends, effect of policy changes, analysis of product & service trends, and reporting changes.
28. Develop briefings, fact sheets or position papers.
29. Guide and assist financial institution staff and officials, state supervisory authorities, regional offices and field staff in reporting information correctly in quarterly filings.
30. Represent the agency during meetings with external parties related to data gathering, surveillance, and/or risk management issues.
31. Present training related to financial trends.
32. Conduct briefings regarding regulatory and reporting changes as well as current issues affecting financial institutions.
33. Communicate and coordinate actions with direct co-workers and staff in other offices to achieve office goals.
34. Present training related to reporting software.
35. Present training related to risk reports, data analysis, and reporting changes.