Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for a Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for a Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-12.
3. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for a Mathematical Statistician, GS-1529-13.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If submitting Qualifications and Availability Form C, you must darken the oval corresponding to the statement that best describes your experience and/or training in Section 25. Please select only one letter for each item.
4. Plan, coordinate and execute statistical studies related to health.
5. Evaluate methodology used and recommend modifications as necessary.
6. Design and develop statistical models, methods, and/or techniques that will be applicable to program operations.
7. Consult on the application of statistical theories, techniques, and concepts to various scientific and public health issues and programs.
8. Develop computer programs to implement statistical techniques for application to health studies.
9. Design and perform computer simulations to evaluate the properties of new and existing statistical methods applicable to organization and other programs.
10. Develop programs and conduct analyses to evaluate data produced by organization and other programs.
11. Consult on the use of statistical software for the analysis of health data.
12. Make recommendations to others on methodology related to health studies to determine whether to accept, adopt, and act on the recommendations.
13. Modify, adapt and/or refine existing applications, processes, precedents, and techniques.
14. Monitor and maintain agency standards regarding survey design and methodology, where pertinent to the assigned public health area.
15. Consult with colleagues inside and outside of agency on the design of sample surveys and other public health studies.
16. Review health related reports and papers for scientific merit and statistical validity, reliability and consistency.
17. Prepare comprehensive reports of theoretical and applied statistical research on complex health surveys and other studies, which include discussion of research objectives, statistical and substantive public health related Issues, and study results.
18. Disseminate results of research projects on health surveys and other studies in a wide range of venues such as publications, peer-reviewed journals, and technical reports.
19. Lead discussions with research project teams designed to plan, coordinate, and make decisions.
20. Make presentations to colleagues on research, statistical methodology and data for health related studies.
21. Present results of research projects to the scientific community at professional meetings and conferences.
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.