Please accurately identify your level of experience and demonstrated capability when completing this questionnaire as your responses, resume and supporting documents will be reviewed for accuracy. You will be asked at the end of this questionnaire to certify your entire application as true and accurate.
The following section is used to determine your eligibility for appointment and referral consideration. Please indicate those eligibilities for which you are eligible and would like to be considered. You will only be considered under eligibilities that you select and provide requested supporting information either below or within your resume. If you do not meet at least one of the eligibilities below, you are not eligible to be considered for this position. For additional information, definitions and supporting documentation requirements see the list of appointing eligibilities listed at http://www.public.navy.mil/donhr/Employment/CivJobOpps/Documents/ApplicantChecklist_Merit.pdf. Please note that documentation (e.g., SF-50’s or DD-214s) will be requested if you are selected to verify your eligibility.
1. Current Department of the Navy Civilian Employee located in UIC 00124 - I am currently employed in the Department of the Navy (Navy or Marine Corps) as a permanent career or career-conditional (Tenure 1 or 2 in box 24 of SF-50) employee in the competitive service (will show a 1 in box 34 of SF-50) in UIC listing 00124 (will show 00124 in box 41 of SF-50) or I am currently on a permanent Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA) (SF-50 will show a 2 in box 34) and in UIC listing 00124 (will show 00124 in box 41 of SF-50). Note: Your resume MUST include your position title, pay plan, series, grade level, agency worked for and dates of employment for all applicable federal work experiences.A. Yes
2. PPP Military Spouse - I am registered in the DoD Priority Placement Program (PPP) Military Spouse Preference Program (Program S) for the series, grade and location covered by this announcement.A. Yes
1. Your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Deliberate attempts to falsify or inflate your responses may be grounds for not referring you. Please respond to each question accurately and ensure your answers are supported by your resume. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
2. Select the one statement that best describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform the work of an International Military Student Support Coordinator at the GS-09 grade level or equivalent pay band in the Federal service.
If you answered A to the specialized experience statement above please indicate where in your resume you possess experience applying analytical ability, judgement, discretion, and knowledge of a substantial body of administrative or program principles, concepts, policies or objectives.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your training and experience using the scale provided.
3. Develop and conduct student orientation program for all incoming students and their families that includes an introduction to the United States, Newport, and the Naval War College
4. Manage the International Student sponsor program for students and their families by recruiting volunteer military and civilian sponsors within and outside the Naval War College
5. Train sponsors on their duties and responsibilities to ensure the program requirements are met
6. Ensure student eligibility for academic programs
7. Advise students and their families on a wide array of personal, medical, financial, protocol, and cultural matters
8. Resolve problems encountered as a result of lack of understanding of cultures or language
9. Coordinating functions by applying international rules, procedures, and forms prescribing traditional and formal diplomatic customs, courtesies, and etiquette
10. Develop an arrival and transportation plan to ensure incoming students and their families are met at the airport and safely transported to the Naval Station Newport
If you rated yourself an E to the question above, please list the specific job where you gained that experience.
11. Coordinate with local medical facilities to review and approve medical insurance policies for family members
12. Assist international military students with selection of valid health coverage based on Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) policy
13. Develop and execute a departure plan at the end of the academic year for the international military student and his/her family by coordinating travel arrangements
14. Communicate with local staff and international points of contact to ensure the requirements of the Invitational Travel Order are understood by invited students
15. Brief international officers and dependents on the use and availability of civilian and military medical facilities
16. Communicate with local healthcare administrators to identify and resolve problems such as the payment of medical bills
17. Brief students on American culture such as Rhode Island driving requirements, medical facilities, housing, banking services, local religious support programs, schools, and shopping facilities