Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. In order to qualify for at the GS-12 grade level, you must have at least one full year of specialized experience at the GS-11 grade level. Qualifying specialized experience is experience performing computer network duties in a scientific research environment such as assisting in the development, configuration, installation, and maintenance of networked systems, and providing guidance and advice to research and management staff. Do you have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience as described above?A. Yes
The following question is used to determine if you possess a certification that might enhance your ability to perform this position. Please respond "Yes" or "No" to the following question.
2. Do you possess the following certification or training: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Plays a principal role and/or leading the design and implementation of a scientific research laboratory network including Layer 3.
4. Monitoring a Cisco network using Cisco Works, Cacti and Spectrum.
5. Plays a principal role and/or leading the design and implementation of virtual local area networks (VLAN)
6. Ensure work is performed in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices, which requires prior training in Good Laboratory Practice regulations as defined by 21 CFR Part 58.
7. Presenting and articulating network plans and designs to supervisor, other IT specialists and research staff.
8. Providing guidance on budgeting for network-related components of an organization or Department IT budget.
9. Providing training on network equipment and procedures to other staff members.
10. Documenting computer maintenance activities
11. Creating detailed reports of network operations and equipment to be submitted for Agency/Department or organization data calls.
12. Preparing detailed descriptions and explanations of network plans and architecture.