Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 787016
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
WARNING STATEMENT: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings ARE subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you claiming Indian Preference and submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment?
2. Are you claiming Veterans Preference and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty?
3. Are you a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility and submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action?
4. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for Realty Officer, GS-12. Make sure your resume supports your response that you select.
For each task listed below, select the statement from A through E that best describes your level of experience, education, and/or training. If you select response D or E, your application and/or resume must be able to support your claim; otherwise, you may receive a lowered or ineligible rating. Please select only one letter for each statement.
5. Perform audits of real estate management practices, real estate transactions, and legal instruments preparation to assure conformance with statutory, regulatory, and policy requirements.
6. Review and monitor the overall effectiveness of the real estate services program, initiating action when necessary for more efficient operation.
7. Manage varied project activities to meet fiduciary and legal requirements.
8. Provide technical assistance, guidance and coordination of services intra-Agency and to other offices, tribal organizations, and individual Indian landowners in all areas of real estate management.
9. Monitor the collection/distribution of trust funds from realty transactions and encumbrances to ensure that all parties are in compliance with the terms and conditions of the lease/contract.
10. Collaborate with others or work on teams to accomplish work-related priorities and activities.
11. Manage and resolve conflicts, grievances, confrontations, or disagreements in a constructive manner to facilitate a positive outcome.
12. Organize economically feasible administrative practices and procedures for the administration of the real estate services program.
13. Provide guidance on Federal Department, Bureau, tribal and local laws, ordinances and policy that impact trust assets.
14. Understand regulations that govern trust assets; applies applicable laws, regulations in handling trust assets.
15. Analyze transactions, including the applications, land descriptions, appraisal, NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act), TSR (Title Status Report), and other clearances to ensure compliance with statutory authority, laws, regulations, tribal ordinances, policies and procedures.
16. Use a wide range of real estate principles, concepts and practices as well as a good understanding of the Real Estate market to manage federally controlled and Indian owned property.
17. Notify beneficiaries and other interested parties of approvals/disapproval/awards/leases.
18. Take appropriate correction action in response to violations (e.g., Cancellation, penalties, reclamation, etc.).
19. Research, analyze and review complex or conflicting problems and issues.
20. Read and interpret maps of definite location, plats, surveys, aliquot parts, metes and bounds description.
21. Prepare comprehensive documents and reports that indicate the facts, findings, and recommendations based upon thorough research.
22. Initiate and maintain contact with technical experts, Department staff, public and private business enterprises, and the general public.
23. Demonstrate attention to and conveys information, ideas, facts, or messages appropriately and effectively to individuals and groups.
24. Consults beneficiaries/lessees/other land owners and other interested parties about the contracting process, options, and other needs and documentation.
25. Prepare or oversees the preparation and publication of advertisements for competitive bids for leases/contracts.
26. Network and build alliances to develop strategic relationships to achieve common goals.
27. Establish priorities, determine resource requirements and provide direction to accomplish goals and objectives.
28. Encourage and facilitate cooperation, trust, and group identity to foster commitment and self-esteem.
29. Cordinate with staff in order to ensure an accurate understanding of the status and activity on trust lands.
As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
30. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.