Thank you for your interest in the Information Technology Specialist (GS-2210-14) position at our agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualification requirements for an IT Specialist GS-2210-14 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.A. I qualify for this position because I have IT related experience and/or training that demonstrates that I possess each of the following four competencies: 1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. 2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. 3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. 4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations, AND, I have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector typically gained in the IT field or through performing IT related tasks such as: planning, evaluating, and executing IT projects and services; working with clients and customers to ensure that customer IT requirements are sufficiently captured and satisfied; collaborating with partners to plan, develop, and provide oversight for administration of databases; providing oversight and general guidance for technical support to customers who need advice, assistance, and training in applying hardware and software systems; conducting project management meetings with team members to address project schedule, team assignments, technical issues; troubleshooting IT system issues or problems through partnering with the customer and other technical staff to analyze and resolve the issue or problem.
The following section is used to determine your non-competitive eligibility or priority consideration. If you want non-competitive or priority consideration, you must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated.
1. Schedule A (Individuals with Disabilities) - I am an individual who has a permanent, severe physical, psychiatric, or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, and wish to be considered non-competitively.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit Proof of Disability. If you are selected, you will be asked to provide a Certificate of Job Readiness. You can obtain this documentation from a licensed medical professional; licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (State or private); or any Federal agency, State agency, agency of the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits.
For more information on this hiring flexibility, please visit the USAJobs Individuals with Disabilities PageA. Yes
2. Commissioned Corps Member– I am currently an officer enlisted in the PHS Commissioned Corps. I am interested in staying in the Corps if selected. NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you will NOT be referred on the competitive Delegated Examining certificate of eligibles, as selection from that list would require you to resign or retire from the Corps. For more information on the Commissioned Corps, please visit the U.S. Public Health Service Commission Corps Website.
3. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit OPM’s The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page.A. Yes
For the following questions, please indicate YES or NO to best describe your experience and/or training.
1. Have you implemented and managed a comprehensive framework of enterprise-level IT infrastructure policies, standards, and procedures?A. Yes
2. Have you managed the installation, maintenance and support of hardware and system software?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Plan and develop informatics systems or computational solutions to support survey-based research or a multi-site research project.
4. Integrate new systems, services, and products with existing system and network facilities, avoiding the disruption of existing mission-critical applications.
5. Incorporate international standards for data acquisition, data documentation, and data analysis in the development of systems.
6. Establish informatics procedures for an organization.
7. Modify existing research informatics for the field of clinical research or survey research.
For the following questions, please indicate YES or NO to best describe your experience and/or training.
8. Have you directed and managed teams of IT professionals in the development of IT application system solutions?A. Yes
9. Analyze major IT asset acquisitions to ensure they meet current and future business requirements of the organization.
10. Perform needs analyses to define opportunities for new or improved business process solutions.
11. Define the scope, requirements, and objectives for IT projects.
12. Use software development lifecycle practices and techniques through various phases of software development to ensure that product requirements are met.
13. Integrate project management practices and techniques with appropriate software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies to ensure that overall business objectives are met.
14. Monitor the performance of applications and systems to identify potential security risks or breaches.
15. Analyze IT systems being supported to determine their security requirements.
16. Create or maintain compliance documentation that includes security contingency plans.
17. Collaborate with enterprise architecture and IT infrastructure staff and managers to define comprehensive research informatics support strategies.
18. Provide technical and business support to customers needing assistance with applications.
19. Coordinate the planning and delivery of customer training.
20. Coordinate with customers to identify and specify systems requirements and specifications.
21. Ensure that IT service management practices and techniques comply with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service management framework.
22. Utilize IT service management practices and techniques to ensure the delivery of quality IT services.
23. Coordinate and integrate project activities with other projects or teams within the organization.
24. Define technical support plans for IT projects.
25. Monitor project activities to mitigate risk for an organization.
26. Use quantitative metrics to evaluate the progress of an organization in meeting its performance goals.
27. Set goals, milestones and expectations for a group.
28. Collect and compile performance metrics for a service delivery operation.
29. Identify IT requests that drive an organization's acquisition strategy.
30. Develop strategic planning initiatives to meet an organization's business objectives.
31. Develop or improve budget tracking processes and tools in order to assess costs, benefits, and risks of investments.
32. Evaluate IT investments needed to meet the organization's IT acquisition strategy or goals.
33. Develop processes, policies or practices needed to meet an organization's IT acquisition needs.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
34. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.