Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary; however, a valid number is required in order to process your application.
Select the occupational specialty. The occupational specialty code for this position is:
Select at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code(s) for this position is/are:
1. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for the GS-14 Supervisory Transportation Industry Analyst. Make sure your application supports the response that you select. Mark only 1 response.
Technical Competence (Knowledge of maritime shipping operations)
Competency Definition: Knowledge of maritime shipping industry operations, practices and capabilities; special handling or movement requirements associated with freight or other transportation operations as they relate to delegated authorities and responsibilities.
This section relates to the quality of your experience and the extent to which you possess the competencies required for the position. For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience, education, and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Assures an understanding of, compliance with, or enforcement of, Federal shipping statutes and agency regulations and guidelines by directing and managing staff in the conduct of program activities.
3. Interprets statutes for application in carrying out program responsibilities.
4. Uses knowledge of international liner/maritime shipping operations to identify factors that should be considered when conducting analyses and making policy recommendations.
5. Assesses the potential impact of actions that are under consideration.
6. Directs the development of interpretive and investigative analyses of issues that impact program policies and practices.
Competency Definition: Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work.
7. Develops plans and conducts evaluations of data gathered for analyses, projects or studies.
8. Ensures implementation of the goals and objectives of the organization.
9. Provides management with specific recommendations to enhance programs, goals, and objectives in alignment with the organization’s mission and strategic goals.
10. Identifies ways to improve productivity and increase the quality of the work.
Competency Definition: Develops the ability of others to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
11. Identifies developmental and training needs of staff members, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
12. Gives advice, counsel, and instruction to employees on both work and administrative matters.
Competency Definition: Identifies and keeps up-to-date on key international policies and economic, political, and social trends that affect the organization. Understands near-term and long range plans and determines how to best be positioned to achieve a competitive business advantage in a global economy.
13. Keeps abreast of studies conducted by others, trade conditions, and information that have potential implications for the organization.
14. Identifies external factors that should be considered when making policy recommendations.
15. Uses tact and diplomacy when dealing with external stakeholders.
Competency Definition: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
16. Provides findings and recommendations at high-level meetings.
17. Provides advice and assistance to leaders for areas of program responsibility.
18. Explains the organization’s position on a sensitive or complex issue to an outside group.
Competency Definition: Expresses facts and ideas in writing in a clear, convincing and organized manner.
19. Prepares recommendations for proposing revisions of procedures, policies, or regulations for use by organizational leaders.
20. Prepares work products that are technically authoritative, requiring no significant changes.
21. Reviews and approves the substance of reports, studies and investigations.
Certification of Accuracy
Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
22. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.