SUPERVISORY CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR (RESIDENT AGENT IN CHARGE)
Vacancy ID: 787631 Announcement Number: DAL-INV-787631-MP-VRL USAJOBS Control Number: 331457900Social Security Number
Vacancy Identification Number
Title of Job
SUPERVISORY CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR (RESIDENT AGENT IN CHARGE)
Are you a citizen of the United States?
001 Supervisory Criminal Investigator(Resident Agent in Charge)
264480033 Sault Ste. Marie, MI
Transition Assistance Plan
The following questions require a response. If you do not respond, your application will be considered incomplete and you will not receive further consideration.
1. Select the statement that best describes your Federal employment status.A. I am a current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement employee, in a permanent GS-1811-14 (Criminal Investigator) position in the competitive service.
B. I am NOT a current U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement employee, in a permanent GS-1811-14 (Criminal Investigator) position in the competitive service.
If you answered "A", you must provide your dates of service (MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY).
If you answered "B", you may answer with "N/A".
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have experience as a Criminal Investigator, GS-1811-14 (or higher grade level), with the Federal government.
B. I have at least 1 yr. of experience directing complex criminal investigations with interregional/national/international dimensions; providing leadership/training to lower level agents; planning/conducting criminal investigations with extensive jurisdictional problems; developing criminal investigation strategies in cooperation with federal/state/local law enforcement operations; and devising new investigative techniques.
C. My experience does not meet the experience described above.
If you chose response “A” or “B”, you must provide the title(s) and date(s) of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates this experience. Also, provide the name and telephone number of a supervisor who can verify your claim. If you chose any other response, indicate "not applicable."
3. There is a time-in-grade (TIG) requirement for promotion into this position. Have you completed one year in a position at or above the GS-13 grade level?A. Yes, I have completed one year in a position at or above the GS-13 grade level.
B. No. I have not completed one year in a position at or above the GS-13 grade level.
C. Not Applicable. TIG does not apply to me because I currently occupy (or have previously occupied) a position at or above the GS-14 grade level.
Please give the title(s), series, and grade(s) of the position(s) that support(s) your claim. Also give the beginning and ending dates (month/day/year) during which you occupied the position(s) listed, otherwise enter "Not Applicable".
4. Conviction of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, as outlined in the vacancy announcement, is disqualifying. A misdemeanor crime of domestic violence is any offense involving the use of physical force, or the threatened use of a deadly weapon, committed by a current or former domestic partner, parent, or guardian of the victim. Have you ever been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?A. Yes
5. Have you had a felony conviction?A. Yes
6. Do you have a current valid State drivers' license?A. Yes
The following questions will be used to rate applicants who meet the minimum eligibility and qualification requirements.
7. Indicate the extent of your experience in planning and preparing schedules.A. I have had no experience in performing this task.
B. I have had limited experience in planning or preparing schedules either for my operational group or for brief periods of time.
C. I have planned and scheduled the day-to-day work of my immediate work unit on a continuous basis.
D. I have performed mid- to long-range planning and scheduling of work for my immediate work unit when there were complicating factors (for example, conflicting priorities, work involving multiple disciplines).
E. I have directed and overseen the planning and scheduling of work for a multi-unit organization. I have established criteria and priorities and reviewed, amended, and consolidated the plans developed by subordinates.
8. Indicate the extent of your experience in tracking and controlling a budget and budget expenditures (for example, Title III investigations, Certified Undercover Operations, State & Local Overtime, or Worksite Enforcement operations).A. I have had limited training or experience in performing these tasks.
B. I have determined costs to support these operations.
C. I have tracked budget transactions and recommended budget allocations.
D. I have overseen, reviewed, and approved budget requests and expenditures for large operations and enforcement actions.
9. Indicate the extent of your experience in assigning work to subordinates based on priorities, requirements of assignments, and capabilities of the employees.A. I have had limited experience in performing this task.
B. I have had some experience in assigning work as a team leader or an acting supervisor.
C. I have had experience as a supervisor in assigning work to subordinates and adjusting those assignments based on changing priorities and demonstrated skills of employees.
D. I have had experience as a second- or third-level supervisor in assigning program and project responsibilities to subordinate units.
10. Indicate the extent to which you have prepared budget justifications based on staffing, facilities, and equipment in support of special operations funding, Title III, Certified Undercover Operations, Worksite Enforcement operations, OCDETF, or HIDTA.A. I have had limited training or experience in performing this task.
B. I have reviewed budget requests and tracked transactions to support or justify obligations, taking into account staffing, facilities, and equipment.
C. I have developed and prepared budgets, budget requests, and proposed expenditures to support a department's mission, taking into account staffing, facilities, and equipment.
D. I have had oversight, within delegated levels of approval, over budgets that supported the agency's mission.
11. Indicate the extent of your experience in determining personnel resource requirements for specific operations (for example, smuggling, financial, worksite, or certified undercover).A. I have had limited experience in performing this task.
B. I have participated in determining the number of personnel to meet operational requirements.
C. I have independently determined the number of personnel to meet operational requirements.
D. I have estimated workload levels and projected personnel requirements for a large organization involving multiple disciplines and subordinate organizational levels.
12. Indicate the extent of your knowledge and experience in labor and employee relations.A. I have had limited training or experience in labor and employee relations.
B. I have had some experience in dealing with labor and employee relations issues (for example, performance and conduct issues), and I am knowledgeable of relevant contract provisions and personnel regulations.
C. I have had experience in dealing with contract and/or administrative grievances, or the informal or formal resolution of disciplinary actions.
D. I have had extensive experience with grievances, arbitrations, negotiations, mediations, and performance or conduct issues, including performance improvement plans.
13. Indicate the extent of your experience in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.A. I have had limited experience in performing this task.
B. I have had some experience, gained while serving as a team leader or acting supervisor, in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending work.
C. I have had extensive experience, gained as a supervisor/manager, in reviewing work products of subordinates and accepting, rejecting, or amending their work.
14. Select the choice which best describes your ability to communicate, orally and writing, with all levels of managers, staff members, and outside groups.A. I have communicated with other staff members and managers in the routine performance of my duties.
B. I have conducted meetings with and provided training for staff members or outside groups.
C. I have presented briefings on program areas to higher-level managers or internal/external organizations or agencies.
D. I have represented a program or organization in high level conferences and/or meetings or acted as a liaison to other internal/external organizations or agencies.
15. Indicate the extent of your experience regarding certified undercover operations as a participant or a manager.A. I have had limited experience in certified undercover operations.
B. I have participated in a certified undercover operation as an operative, case agent, or bookkeeper.
C. I have been the group supervisor or project manager of a certified undercover operation and ensured that all reporting requirements are addressed.
D. I have managed a certified undercover operation and participated in a field review of other certified undercover operations.
16. Indicate the extent of your experience in handling stressful situations.A. I have dealt with occasional periods of mild stress as part of my regular job duties.
B. As part of my regular job duties, I have dealt on a daily basis with moderate stress (for example, handling heavy workloads, meeting tight deadlines).
C. As part of my regular job duties, I have frequently dealt with highly stressful situations (for example, rapidly changing priorities, dealing face-to-face with hostile or violent individuals, handling crisis situations).