Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirement for Health Communication Specialist, GS-1001-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service planning, implementing, and managing health communication programs for web, social media or mobile.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Develop health communication products for Web and social media channels.
3. Lead a wide-range of projects that allow CDC to utilize web-based communication mechanisms to effectively communicate health messages.
4. Work collaboratively with technical staff and contractors to develop innovative and appropriately designed electronic communication projects.
5. Develop standards, best practices and guidance on developing and delivering public health information electronically.
6. Provide consultation on most appropriate electronic media strategies and activities.
7. Design electronic communication products that effectively utilize health communication theories.
8. Develop content and communication materials for digital media use.
9. Design and deliver electronic products for mobile delivery.
10. Design and implement electronic products and campaigns for social media delivery.
11. Design and implement electronic products for web delivery.
12. Lead a variety of agency -wide social media and Web projects.
13. Work with Centers and Programs across CDC to implement projects and understand communication requirements.
14. Work with a variety of HHS OPDVIS on HHS-wide projects.
15. Manage project timelines.
16. Manage contracts for agency-wide digital communication projects.
17. Participate in the procurement process.
18. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.