Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Biologist, GS-401-13.A. I have completed the requirements for a bachelor's (or graduate) degree in a biological science, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to this position, from an accredited college or university.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Biologist, GS-0401-13.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-12 level in the Federal service to include experience in clinical laboratory methods for Mycobacterium tuberculosis, implementation of the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) standards, and quality management systems (QMS) in a diagnostic microbiology laboratory
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from
the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Develop and implement laboratory document control system to meet QMS and CLIA regulations.
4. Analyze public health laboratory quality and/or regulatory compliance issues and their impact on operations.
5. Coordinate internal and external quality assessments.
6. Make recommendations for processes, procedures and/or policies related to public health
laboratory quality programs, practices, and research related to Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
7. Maintain QMS program to ensure regulatory compliance.
8. Establish safety procedures to ensure protection from physical, chemical, biological and electrical hazards.
9. Provide advice and consultation on solutions to critical problems regarding Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
10. Plan and perform antimicrobial susceptibility testing, microbial culture, identification, and typing for isolates of Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
11. Provide coordination of laboratory services for clinical trials and studies pertaining to drug resistance and new drugs for treatment of tuberculosis.
12. Coordinate communication, isolate preparation, and shipping for the Mycobacterium tuberculosis antimicrobial susceptibility testing performance and evaluation program.
13. Conduct work in a biosafety level -3 laboratory.
14. Give presentations or provide training on quality systems and/or laboratory safety to large groups (15 or more) within and/or outside organization.
15. Perform internal laboratory audits for adherence to quality standards.
16. Provide technical advice and assistance to laboratories, national, state and local health
agencies and to various other organizations on the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis.
17. Lead or co-author written training material relevant to public health laboratory quality systems and/or laboratory safety for laboratory staff and management.
18. Lead or co-author laboratory quality systems and regulatory compliance procedures, processes, policies, forms, and job-aids.
19. Prepare reports on scientific investigations, studies and projects.
20. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy. If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.