Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 788159
Enter the lowest grade level (12-12) you will accept.
You may omit the availability date if you can begin work immediately. Otherwise you must provide the date you will be available for employment. Please use this format: (mm/dd/yyyy)
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Department of Justice (DOJ). Your responses to this assessment questionnaire, in conjunction with the other portions of your completed application, will be evaluated in making screening decisions.
This is a DOJ job application system. Your responses to this Assessment questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this application.
A basic education requirement is required for this position. For the following question, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response.
1. Please select your response below that indicates how you meet the basic requirements of this position.A. I have a 4 year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree with a major in any field.
For each of the following two questions, please select the response that best describes your education and/or experience. You may select only one response for each question. If you feel that your education or experience exceeds all of the descriptions for a particular question, choose the description that is the closest level to the experience or education that you possess. Failure to respond to these questions will result in an ineligible rating.
2. Select ONE response that BEST describes the experience that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-12 Contract Specialist work.A. I possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 in developing policy, compiling procurement data information, reviewing requisitions for adequacy of the statement of objectives or performance work statement, determining if what is being requested is an allowable expenditure of appropriated funds, soliciting price quotations or proposals, awarding purchase orders, preparing necessary documentation to support award decisions and resolving any contractor performance issues and any other actions necessary to process any and all purchases.
In the following text box, briefly describe your specific experience and/or education that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications you selected above for the GS-12 Contract Specialist position. Limit your response to 300 words or less. Do not refer the reader to your resume. The information provided here will be used in making determinations about your eligibility. Failure to include a narrative may result is an ineligible rating.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Utilizes parts 8,12,13,14, and 15 of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) to facilitate the negotiating , awarding, and administering of contracts
4. Maintains program guidelines, policies, procedures and reference materials as it relates to ensuring compliance with the FAR.
5. Performs pre-award surveys and cost and price analysis
6. Develops and/or monitors contractual milestones
7. Provides advice and guidance on procurement statutes, regulations, and policies.
8. Provides periodic refresher training on contracting policies and procedures.
9. Explains contracting regulations to personnel of all levels.
10. Negotiates contracts for services or supplies.
11. Acquires and maintains a working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, policies, standards, or procedures.
12. Purchases or contracts for property, services, supplies, equipment, or other items.
13. Takes orders for services, supplies, or equipment.
14. Prepares and issues solicitations for bids.
15. Prepares and issues contract modifications.
16. Prepares close outs of contract files
17. Contacts others in writing to obtain information.
18. Analyzes district needs and identifies options for consolidating contracts.
19. Monitors contractor performance and takes corrective action when necessary.
20. Solicits proposals or bids for contracts or property.
21. Contacts others orally to obtain information
22. Initiates and maintains contacts with individuals outside the organization.
23. Ensures acquisitions comply with Federal statues, regulations, and policies.
24. Reviews work to ensure it is within the scope of the contract.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this program.
25. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if you I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.
I understand a comprehensive background investigation, including a check of my credit history, is required for this position. Also, a pre-employment drug screening is required for this position.