Have you received any Voluntary Separation Incentive Payment (VSIP) from the Federal Government within the last 5 years?
If currently active duty in the U.S. Military, provide anticipated date of separation/retirement or start of terminal leave (mm/dd/yyyy).
If retired from the military provide your rank and the date of retirement:
If retired because of a service connected disability, transferred to the permanent disability retirement list, or currently receiving compensation for a service connected disability, indicate the percentage of the disability:
Date of your last VA letter or other Armed Forces Disability Letter (mm/dd/yyyy):
Thank you for your interest in this position. This Occupational Questionnaire consists of 36 questions which will take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
1. Your responses to the questions below are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or dismissing you from Federal employment.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, I may be fined or imprisoned (see 18 U.S.C. 1101), my eligibility may be cancelled, I may be denied employment, or I may be removed or debarred from Federal employment (see 5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. And I understand that answering "No" to this question will result in my application not receiving consideration for this position.A. Yes, I understand the above and certify the information provided in this Occupational Questinnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
2. Are you the spouse of an active duty military member and eligible for military spouse preference?
To be eligible, you must have been married to your military sponsor prior to reporting to the new duty assignment AND must have accompanied your military sponsor on a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move AND the position for which you are applying must be within the commuting area of your military sponsor's new permanent duty stations. You must submit a copy of your military sponsor's PCS orders with your application.A. Yes
WARNING! Please make sure the content of your resume supports the responses you record in this questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you inflated your qualifications and/or experience, the results may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your qualifications or your application may be found ineligible/not qualified.
3. Select the statement below that describes the IT-related experience or education you possess that demonstrates your ability to satisfy the basic requirement of this position. Please make sure your application supports the statement you select. Applications that do not support the statement selected will not be considered.
4. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience in or directly related to the work of the position at a level of difficulty and complexity comparable to the next lower grade level, and that equipped you with the competencies/knowledge, skills, and abilities to satisfactorily perform the work of the position? Examples of specialized experience include, but is not limited to: providing technical support and life cycle management for automated information systems; evaluating technological advancements impacting the application of automated data processing resources; developing support system policies and procedures by analyzing budgetary requirements, cost analysis, resources, staffing, and training; preventing and responding to attacks against information systems and infrastructures.A. Yes
Have you performed IT-related work that involved developing, delivering, and supporting IT systems and services in the following operating system environments?
5. Web serversA. Yes
6. OracleA. Yes
7. SQLA. Yes
8. LinuxA. Yes
9. Max OSxA. Yes
10. Windows Server 2008 R2A. Yes
11. Windows 7A. Yes
For each of the task statements below, select one response from the scale provided that most accurately describes your experience, education, and/or training.
12. Evaluate technological advancements pertaining to new hardware, software, and communications that will enhance automation processes
13. Evaluate life cycle management factors such as cost benefit analysis, compatibility with existing networks and systems, and long term feasibility
14. Analyze and evaluate the impact of change in current policy on information support systems
15. Recommend technological advancements such as updates to communication protocols to improve automated data processes
16. Advise management on existing or potential problems in organizational, staffing, training, and budgetary requirements for technical support project plans
17. Develop concepts of operations and capabilities for information systems support initiatives
18. Develop procedures and interpret policies pertaining to information system support
19. Prepare or present briefings to management on short and long range automation objectives
20. Develop alternate approaches to issues by applying knowledge of information technology policies and planning formulation processes
21. Prepare financial reports with regard to technical operations including categorizing expenditures, procurement costs, etc.
22. Identify organizational requirements for information systems by conducting life cycle management studies
23. Coordinate updates to system registration and changes in version maintenance of software applications
24. Prepare procurement documentation for hardware, software, or peripherals required to complete automation projects
25. Troubleshoot information technology systems by applying knowledge of applications, operating systems, protocols, and equipment
26. Solve automation problems by applying computer diagnostic techniques, computer specification development, implementation guideline development, and computer security procedures
27. Ensure customer satisfaction by utilizing performance metrics from Advanced Help Desk Software, Database Management Systems, and WEB applications
28. Prepare technical business case analyses (BCA) for large implementations or proposed technological solutions
29. Register and maintain software applications in a large organization's enterprise-wide registry or inventory of IT systems (e.g., DADMS, DITPR, or comparable).
30. Prepare and review sole source justifications for the acquisition of IT hardware, software, components, and systems in order to evaluate for various purposes such as configuration management and/or life cycle needs.
31. Review technical proposals submitted by vendors to ensure it meets IT-related and procurement objectives.
32. Monitor IT-related aspects of contractor performance during the life of the contract to ensure IT-related requirements are met.
33. Manage IT-related government contracts as a contracting officer representative (COR) or assistant contracing officer representative (ACOR).
Do you have any of the following active certifications?
34. A+A. Yes
35. Security+A. Yes
36. Network+A. Yes
Thank you for applying for this position and your interest in working for the Naval War College.