Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 788719
LEGAL INSTRUMENTS EXAMINER, GS-0963-5/6/7/8
Please answer the following Employment Availability Questions by selecting either Yes or No.
Enter the lowest grade level (05-08) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are intrested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
INSTRUCTIONS: Do not overstate or understate your level of experience and demonstrated capability. You should be aware that your ratings are subject to evaluation and verification based on the resume, and other relevant documents you submit, as well as through verification of references as appropriate. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your stated level of experience and demonstrated capability. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position following acceptance.
1. Are you submitting Form BIA-4432, Verification of Indian Preference for Employment in the Bureau of Indian Affairs, to claim Indian Preference? Note: You must include and upload your Form BIA-4432. As outlined in the vacancy announcement, this is the ONLY Indian Preference Verification Form that will be accepted.
2. Are you a veteran and submitting a DD-214, Certificate of Release or Honorable Discharge from Active Duty, to verify Veteran's Preference claimed? Note: You must include and upload your DD-214, if claiming 5 pt. or 10 pt. preference and Standard Form 15 including the required supporting documentation, if claiming 10 pt. preference.
3. Are you submitting your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, to verify you are a current status employee or a former employee with Reinstatement eligibility? Note: you must include and upload your latest SF-50 to verify transfer or reinstatement eligibility. To determine if you are eligible, please go to the following website: http://www.usajobs.gov/EI3.asp.
4. The incumbent is required to operate a government-owned or leased motor vehicle in the performance of duties; therefore, you must possess a valid state Driver's License. Do you possess a valid Driver's License?
5. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-5 Legal Instruments Examiner. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select. If qualifying based on education, submit a copy of your college or university transcript(s).
6. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-6 Legal Instruments Examiner. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
7. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-7 Legal Instruments Examiner. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
8. Carefully read the following descriptions of experience and education. Select the one that best describes your qualifications for GS-8 Legal Instruments Examiner. Make sure your resume supports the response that you select.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications and/or experience and your self-rating is not supported, your score will be lowered.
9. Determine what legal sources apply, define issues, and determine applicable principles of law in adjudicating cases.
10. Prepare administrative probate modifications to add property to the inventory of an estate, add an interest to previously inventoried lands, and/or to correct typographical errors in legal descriptions or incorrect fractions of the owners' interest.
11. Prepare Administrative Law Judge probate modifications to delete property from an inventory, decrease the decedent's interest in a tract of land, distribute newly added land, re-determine heirs, re-distribute interests when other erroneous information is discovered.
12. Advise realty specialists in the preparation of various forms of title conveyances and divestment documents, equitable title documents, deeds, leases, grants, property management agreements, stipulations, memoranda of understanding, easements, etc , as they relate to the acceptance of title.
13. Read and interpret maps of definite location, plats, surveys, land descriptions, etc.
14. Examine extensive chain of title, validating and certifying land/ parcel title documents and reviewing the last certified and issued Title Status Report.
15. Examine and correct complex title documents for the acquisition and disposal of real property rights pertaining to trust, restricted, fee and reserved lands.
16. Prepare abstracts of title by carefully examining each legal instrument.
17. Ensure that title status reports are absolutely accurate.
18. Ensure that technical language in the preparation of title documents and probate documents are legal, clear, accurate, proper, and binding and enforceable.
19. Contact others to obtain information.
20. Work with others to generate ideas/suggestions.
21. Explain technical information.
22. Work with others to resolve differences for the benefit of the team or project.
23. Recommend solutions to routine problems.
24. Use a computer to process and analyze data.
25. Use a computer or word processor to create, edit, print, retrieve, or manipulate files.
26. Assure electronically stored information is readily available.
27. Maintain security and confidentiality of records, equipment, and computer access.
28. Keep up with new features in office equipment or technology.
29. Respond to requests or complaints.
30. Follow up on requests or complaints.
31. Serve as liaison between personnel, clients, and customers.
32. Communicate with beneficiaries and clients to assess their needs.
33. Provide information about opportunities, services, or resources.
INSTRUCTIONS: As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency during the probation period. Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning; 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy; and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
34. Failure to agree to the statement below will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.
NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume, veterans or Indian preference documentation, assessment questions and answers, and SF 50s) is received and is accurate.