Read the definitions below to determine what options (001, 002, and/or 003) you are eligible to apply. Please check all that apply (you must select at least one to receive consideration).
001 All U.S. Citizens
002 Merit Promotion. This option includes current or former Federal service employees who serve under a competitive career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service, reinstatement eligibles, and VEOA eligibles (veterans with preference and veterans who have been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service).
003 Noncompetitive. This option includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) (for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level), Military Spouse Non-Competitive Hiring Authority, and persons with disabilities. This also includes applicants who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal competitive position at the full performance grade level for this position.
The resume you submit for this announcement must support the answer you claim under this and any other questions. If not, you will be found not qualified.
1. Please select the response below that best reflects your qualifications for the Program Specialist GS-0301-11 position.A. I have on year of specialized experience participating in the development and maintenance of operational procedures related to disaster recovery operations, and developing applicable solutions.
2. Please select the response below that best reflects your qualifications for the Program Specialist GS-0301-12 position.A. I have one year of specialized experience applying knowledge of Emergency Support Function #6 in generating and applying solutions to disaster recovery challenges while providing key decision makers with authoritative analyses of issues and recommendations for corrective actions.
From the following items, choose the ONE statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. Be sure to describe the experience that supports your responses to the task statements below in your resume. It is important that your application package submitted, including a resume or application form, clearly shows how you possess the experience and skills levels you claim in this questionnaire. Each of your responses must be clearly supported by your education, training, and/or specific work experience you describe in your resume submitted for this position. If not, you will be found not qualified. The information you provide will be verified. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempts to conceal information may be grounds for rating you ineligible, not hiring you, or firing you after you begin work.
DEFAULT SCALE: Please select the response that best reflects your experience performing the specified tasks.
3. Develop effective mass care plans, strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure the timely and comprehensive delivery of mass care services to disaster victims.
4. Participate in the establishment of Emergency Support Function #6 operational and field components during disaster operations.
5. Actively engage with Federal, State, local, and non-governmental partners to develop mass care operational capabilities.
6. Facilitate the development and delivery of ESF # 6 training for Federal, State, Local, and non-governmental partners.
7. Identify, develop, and monitor short and long-range ESF #6 mass care specific resource requirements including contract support, budget, and staffing needs.
8. Review statements of work and assess ongoing and new requirements for contract support.
9. Ensure that reports, data, and other data products are created and distributed appropriately.
10. Develop senior-level briefings and recommendations, guidance, and reports.
11. Provide written policy advice and analysis of recovery operations.
12. Participate in task forces and working groups with members for internal/external organizations.