Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education which meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Health Scientist, GS-601-14.A. I have a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor`s or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience to perform the duties of Health Scientist, GS-0601-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, providing advice and technical assistance to global organizations and/or ministries of health and/or to various public, nonprofit, and private agencies and organizations to improve public health programs and related health systems pertaining to the elimination of HIV/AIDS.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Lead the development of global scientific initiatives, such as those funded through global organizations/donors and/or federal initiatives [e.g. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, and/or the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, or the World Health Organization.
4. Formulate new scientific projects concepts, goals and objectives, and strategic plans at the global level on behalf of ministries of health and other key stakeholders.
5. Evaluate information, data requirements, and necessary resources for establishing program priorities in the field of global health systems.
6. Provide technical assistance on health systems issues to President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief stakeholders, ministries of health, global non-governmental organizations, and academic partners.
7. Provide leadership with regard to developing, coordinating, planning, organizing, and overseeing health systems science and accompanying program activities.
8. Develop scientific/research protocols pertaining to global health systems research.
9. Design scientific methods (including surveillance activities) to improve existing and/or new public/global health systems.
10. Conduct evaluation assessments regarding program activity funded through global organizations or donors and/or federal initiatives.
11. Remain current in the health systems scientific literature and apprise partners (internal and external) on latest advances in measuring and evaluating health systems capacity/programs.
12. Identify information, data requirements, and necessary resources for establishing program priorities in the field of global health systems.
13. Prepare cooperative agreements, contracts, and memoranda of understanding.
14. Oversee cooperative agreements, contracts, and memoranda of understanding.
15. Work with public health and financial officials to develop and implement project proposals, budget, and program goals and objectives.
16. Provide representation to senior level working groups and committees tasked with developing health systems metrics and scientific methods.
17. Forge positive, collaborative relationships with other technical staff from government agencies, United Nations, World Health Organization, academic partners, ministries of health, and civil society to advance program goals.
18. Identify strategic issues and advance team issues and priorities.
19. Collaborate with external academic, scientific partners in advancing research-related activities, documents, proposals.
20. Deliver program presentations both within and outside the organization.
21. Brief colleagues and senior managers/officials on matters related to global health programs, findings, and technical matters pertaining to health systems research.
22. Convey scientific advice in the resolution of technical matters pertaining to President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief or related global health initiatives.
23. Deliver formal presentation for scientific, peer-review meetings (or symposia) in the area of health systems research.
24. Communicate team interests to the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief government and non-governmental stakeholders in the area of global health systems.
25. Provide technical assistance in the area of health systems to the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief stakeholders, ministries of health, global and non-governmental organizations, or academic partners.
26. Authored peer-reviewed articles as a lead or senior author.
27. Write scientific manuscripts, position papers, press releases, summaries, or briefs on findings or topical matters for internal and external dissemination.
28. Develop technical guidance or policies and procedures pertaining to health systems strengthening on the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief supported initiatives.
29. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.