Please choose: 001 All US Citizens
1. Please read the following statements carefully and select the one response that best describes your education as it pertains to the basic requirements for an Epidemiologist position. You must select one response. Remember, if your answer is A below, you MUST provide a copy of your college transcript.A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major study in an academic field related to health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position, such as biochemistry, pharmacology, chemistry, epidemiology, or other related biological and medical sciences. (You must submit a copy of your transcript at time of application submission)
2. Please read the following question carefully and select the one response that best describes your education as it pertains to the basic requirements for an Epidemiologist position. You must select one response.A. I have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that included: designing, recommending, and interpreting epidemiologic studies related to post-market research or post-market surveillance of medical devices or radiation emitting electronic products; and providing technical advice on the resolution of epidemiologic issues.
In this part, you will respond to questions about experience you have had that is related to the requirements of the job for which you are applying. Carefully review the level descriptions listed below. For each statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience and record your selection.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Perform biostatistical concepts required to design and analyze epidemiologic studies.
4. Develop new approaches, methods, guides and/or standards for use by other epidemiologists.
5. Oversee and serve in high quality independent epidemiologic research studies.
6. Serve as a project coordinator of epidemiologic activities and studies.
7. Identify or develop appropriate intervention methods to identify, treat, or resolve various problems related to the study database.
8. Provide epidemiological advice and/or assistance in the resolution of technical problems and/or issues that include significant barriers to program or project delivery.
9. Provide consultative services on large and difficult programs or projects that have unusually demanding technical problems or issues and cross other organizations and/or programs.
10. Perform data analysis in the area of epidemiology.
11. Review protocols, regulations, and policy issues to ensure the quality and technical approaches for evaluating post-market risks, based on epidemiologic data.
12. Identify epidemiology inadequacies and limitations of data and data utilization methods used to study epidemiological problems and issues.
13. Prepare comprehensive written scientific reviews/reports for internal and external audiences.
14. Develop complex briefing materials including program goals/objectives related to public health.
15. Write publications in scientific journals related to research findings.
16. Write proposals for the conduct of epidemiologic research in attempts to obtain funding.
17. Present clinical and other technical information to a variety of audiences.
18. Represent the organization at meetings and conferences.
19. Participate in training related activities for colleagues and professionals inside or outside of an agency.