1. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Secretary (OA), at the GS-09 level.
2. Please select the ONE response that BEST describes the education and/or experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform as a Secretary (OA), at the GS-10 level.
3. Can you type a minimum of 40 words per minute?
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the form.
4. Develop new methods for coordinating the administrative work of a complex organization with disparate organizational segments.
5. Coordinates the purchase of equipment and services for the organization.
6. Followed established practices and procedures to complete all types of assignments.
7. Instructs unit administrative, clerical, and support staff regarding correspondence preparation, publications maintenance, and correspondence handling procedures.
8. Assesses and recommends office policy changes to remedy conventional situations, and installs administrative procedures that affect subordinate organizational segments.
9. Developed formal administrative controls and reporting structures for an organization with multiple levels of hierarchy and disparate technical functions.
10. Reviewed the work of others for grammatical, spelling, and punctuation accuracy.
11. Proofread formal documents and composed material to be read by others.
12. Performed grammatical corrections of own work in preparation of final documents.
13. Prepared draft documents and routine correspondence.
14. Reviews outgoing correspondence for clarity, consistency, completeness, and compliance to organizational policy.
15. Uses a computer or word processor to create, edit, print, retrieve, or manipulate files.
16. Reviews content of letters or other documents for completeness, correctness or consistency.
17. Develops guidelines for use by others in the unit that streamlines processing procedures, document uses of a variety of software applications and or provides instructions on availability.
18. Utilize a variety of software programs.
19. Implemented reporting and tracking systems for all subordinate organizations.
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the level of formal PERFORMANCE RECOGNITION you have most recently received.
20. Have you received a performance appraisal in one or more of the competencies described for the position?
Past performance is one of the best indicators of your ability to perform effectively in the competency areas described for this position. Review and select the statement below that describes the AWARDS you have received within the last year.
21. Have you received any awards related to one or more of the competencies described for the position?
22. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that I will not be considered for employment if I do not respond "Yes" to this certification item.