Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans' preference. For service after October 15, 1976, the veteran must have received a Campaign Badge, Expeditionary Medal, a service connected disability, or have served during the Gulf War between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992 or for more than 180 consecutive days, other than training, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001, and ending on the date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or by law as the last day of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
To claim veterans' preference, veterans should be ready to provide a copy of their DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, or other proof. Veterans with service connected disability and others claiming "10 point preference" will need to submit Form SF-15, Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
1. Please choose the one (1) statement below that applies to you.A. I am eligible for Veterans Preference as a 30% or more Compensably Disabled Veteran (10-point 30% Compensable Disability Preference -CPS).
The following questions below have to do with the basic requirements for the position in which you are applying for.
To qualify for this position, all applicants must meet the basic requirements of the position by the closing date of the announcement.
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation that you upload will be verified against the way that you answer these basic requirements questions below.
The applicant's education, training and experience will be considered in determining the applicant that is best qualified for the position. While answering the questions below please be sure that all of the answers that your are providing in this questionnaire are true, correct, and provided in good faith. Please know that if you make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud while answering the questionnaire you will be determined ineligible for this position and may be fined or imprisoned. I understand that any information I give will be investigated and that providing no response to and item will result in my not being considered for this position.
Please answer all of the following questions below.
For each each question in the following group, choose response below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- Yes.
2. I am a Citizen of the United States
3. Selected candidates for this position must undergo a pre-employment medical examination and be found suitable to perform the essential duties of this position. (These medical exams are conducted by the VA at no cost to the candidate).
Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical examination if you are selected for this position?
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position. Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?
In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English. You must be proficient in basic written and spoken English in order to perform the duties of this position.
Are you proficient in basic written and spoken English?
5. Do you possess a master's degree in social work (MSW) from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)?
*Graduates of schools of social work that are in candidacy status do not meet this requirement until the school of social work is fully accredited. A doctoral degree in social work may not be substituted for the master's degree in social work.
6. Do you possess (1) a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) & the specialty area of the degree is consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed AND (2) You have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA?
7. EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS FOR RN:
Do you possess a Master's degree in nursing or related field from a state approved school of nursing that is accredited by either the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)?
8. Do you possess a degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine from one of the approved schools?
Approved schools are:
(1) Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted.
(2)Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted.
(3)Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
9. Persons hired or reassigned to social worker positions in the GS-185 series in Veterans Health Administration must be licensed or certified by a state to independently practice social work at the master's degree level.
Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license (LISW) to independently practice as a Social Worker?
10. Do you hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a state, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g. Puerto Rico) or the District of Columbia?
11. LICENSE REQUIREMENT FOR THE REGISTERED NURSE:
Are you currently licensed as a Registered Nurse with an active, current, full and unrestricted license?
12. Do you possess a current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia & are Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry?
In addition to meeting all of the basic requirements cited above, you must also meet the Selection Factor for this particular position.
Please answer the following question.
13. Do you possess specialized experience that equipped you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of a Division Director. Examples of specialized experience includes: a professional leader of a broad based interdisciplinary health care team and manager of a complex health care organization; possess broad based clinical, administrative and supervisory knowledge, skills and abilities; operates as an experienced professional with full responsibility and accountability for the technical accuracy of patient evaluations and the soundness of treatment plans. Providing supervision, leadership, and administrative control in areas related to mental health in order to accomplish the organizational goals and objectives; direct line authority over and is fully accountable for all aspects of the clinical care and support services provided by the division; Identifying and evaluating the potential impact and consequences of alternatives in making clinical, administrative, or organizational decisions; Directly responsible for the planning, development, implementation, monitoring, evaluating and controlling of operations a program.
14. Your rating is subject to verification based on the résumé, narratives and other relevant documents you submit, and through verification of references as appropriate. Deliberate attempts to falsify information are grounds for non-selection and for termination. In addition, falsifying information on your application can result in your being barred from federal employment. Please choose A to certify that your answers are accurate and complete.A. I certify that my answers are accurate and complete.