Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 785870
Information Technology Specialist
Enter the lowest grade level (13-13) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
1. From the descriptions below, please select the best response that most clearly and accurately describes the experience that demonstrates how you meet the basic requirements for the Information Technology Specialist position at the GS-13 level. Read each response carefully and select only one.A. I have information technology related experience demonstrating each of the following four required competencies. ATTENTION TO DETAIL: Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. CUSTOMER SERVICE: Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. ORAL COMMUNICATION: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. PROBLEM SOLVING: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
2. From the descriptions below, select the response that best describes the experience and/or education you have that demonstrates your ability to perform Information Technology Specialist, GS-2210-13 work. (Note: One year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour work week. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate your experience). Read each response carefully and select only one.A. I have one year or more of specialized experience (equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-12 grade level or comparable pay band in the Federal service) that included: utilizing knowledge of IT methods and practices sufficient to perform routine assignments, identify and resolve issues and problems, and provide information and assistance to customers; applying systems security methods and procedures to ensure the application of appropriate security measures to the assignment; performing operating systems installation and configuration procedures sufficient to install updates and fix existing problems; using system administration methods and procedures to monitor and troubleshoot systems availability; and preparing a variety of technical documentation for operational and functional uses.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Conduct customer surveys designed to assess customer support performance.
4. Monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose problems within IT systems.
5. Develop post-deployment support processes for operating, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining IT systems.
6. Serve as technical authority and advisor to senior management for all account management and customer support issues.
7. Manage the configuration, installation, and integration of workstations, routers, and hardware/software components into the current enterprise.
8. Ensure that IT policies and procedures are implemented consistently throughout the organization.
9. Ensure that information security/assurance policies, principles, and practices are fully incorporated into the operating environment.
10. Refine the performance of the telecommunications and office automation environment.
11. Evaluate technology alternatives and assess against established criteria to recommend the best possible solution for customers.
12. Identify, test, and deploy new and emerging handheld and wireless devices.
13. Assess software applications to determine if they are providing cost-effective, efficient solutions that adequately address business requirements.
14. Research, evaluate, and develop/acquire customer support management systems and training tools.
15. Prepare detailed technical documentation and project reports.
16. Draft items such as procedures, directives, handbooks, policies, plans, memoranda, and research papers.
17. Draft statements of work, analysis of requirements and planning, and project flowcharting to be used in the contracting procedures for external resources.
18. Serve as a liaison to other groups to participate on or establish joint projects.
19. Advise executive management on unusual, complex and/or controversial problems.
20. Represent an organization at technical conferences and meetings with representatives from other agencies and organizational entities.
21. Advocate and/or defend recommendations to higher management.
22. Advise management on status, progress and results obtained throughout the life cycle of assigned projects.