Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for the Epidemiologist, GS-601-14A. I have successfully completed a full four-year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the qualification requirements of Epidemiologist, GS-601-14.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, designing, conducting, and analyzing public health surveillance projects; providing guidance and expertise supporting clearance procedures for research activities; and providing scientific consultation in a team environment to support infectious disease prevention and response activities.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Apply epidemiological principles to investigate, review and analyze programmatic public health issues regarding infectious diseases
4. Work with other experts and partners in the field of public health to improve the quality of disease surveillance systems.
5. Design, conduct, and analyze surveillance projects to evaluate their reliability and validity in measuring the effectiveness of scientific public health programs and strategies.
6. Utilize qualitative and quantitative analytic software to generate reports and analysis.
7. Experience in planning, developing, leading, managing or directing public health programs, surveys, and studies.
8. Perform the leadership functions in a project or program, such as mentoring, evaluating, planning, setting goals, reporting and resolving conflicts.
9. Provide guidance and expertise with submitting and supporting human subject clearance documentation in support of research activities.
10. Review organization and data collection methods of project sites to ensure that standardized protocols are properly implemented.
11. Analyze and describe the status of programs and other findings in reports and in articles prepared for peer-reviewed journals.
12. Apply and make recommendations for appropriate corrective action to investigate and review specific deficiencies or problems that are interventions related to public health research programs regarding infectious disease.
13. Author or co-author articles, research findings and/or public health relevant position papers in peer-reviewed publications, scholarly journals or national reports.
14. Develop scientific publications and other documents communicating scientific findings.
15. Explain or justify decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations to a wide audience.
16. Communicate organizational strategies, goals, objectives, or priorities on a regular basis.
17. Communicate ideas orally where the subject of the communication relates to infectious disease surveillance especially preparedness efforts to mitigate spread, morbidity and mortality of infectious disease among a variety of audiences such as refugees, migrants, expatriates, or travelers to internal and external partners.
18. Represent the organization at meetings and conferences on epidemiology, program, research or policy issues related to infectious disease preparedness and response activities among globally mobile populations.
19. Experience in a team environment with evidence of productivity such as scientific publications.
20. Provide scientific consultation for problem solving in team environments.
21. Provide internal and external consultation to public health experts and research scientists.
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.