Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 11.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and/or education which meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for IT Specialist, GS-2210-11.A. I have one year of specialized IT experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service to include experience developing application programs for a variety of software applications; storing and retrieving data utilizing Microsoft Access Database; maintaining and updating databases; preparing and maintaining documentation for application program; managing file storage resources and scheduling/verifying data updates; AND I have IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies: Attention to detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving; OR
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
2. Develop and maintain application programs using Microsoft Access Database, in support of organizational mission.
3. Maintain and update databases in compliance with changes in the survey metadata.
4. Demonstrate expertise in Microsoft Excel and Access to process health interview survey metadata.
5. Provide technical support in designing and generating reports from Access database.
6. Perform a variety of database utility functions, such as populating databases, data verification, file conversations, and testing.
7. Provide oral explanations to technical and non-technical audiences on the use of survey documents and data.
8. Brief supervisor or management on status and progress of work completed.
9. Respond to internal and external data users of survey operations and data, and triage data requests to allow assignment to the appropriate subject-matter analyst.
10. Explain and justify recommendations, and negotiate solutions to disputed issues.
11. Develop reports to users and management.
12. Maintain instructional literature and provide clear and accurate user guides.
13. Provide written communications to answer questions from the survey data users and offer appropriate suggestions and advice.
14. Generate tables and reports from Microsoft Access databases.
15. Evaluate and extract relevant information related to health insurance plans from various sources to update the databases accordingly.
16. Develop and monitor survey metadata update schedules to assure compliance with the production deadlines.
17. Create test scenarios and perform survey instrument testing.
18. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.