THE RESUME YOU SUBMIT FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MUST SUPPORT THE ANSWER YOU CLAIM UNDER THIS AND OTHER QUESTIONS. IF NOT, YOU WILL BE FOUND NOT QUALIFIED OR YOUR SCORE WILL BE LOWERED.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter that describes the education or experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-0301-13 Program Specialist (Project Manager) work.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience that is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service. Specifically, specialized experience is described as having knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and project management of projects with diverse partners, including coordination with stakeholders, budget planning and tracking, schedule management, performance measurement, and maintenance of project records.
2. Knowledge of and experience in management of flood studies and mapping projects in support of the Risk MAP and Flood Map Modernization program including demonstrated experience with the Mapping Information Platform project tracking and implementation system.A. Yes
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and the Risk MAP program, including the use of the Mapping Information Platform to track and implement Digital Flood Insurance Rate Map (DFIRM) production projects.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Assists in the development of engineering and Risk MAP Program guidelines and specifications for the performance of flood insurance studies including the utilization of the latest Geographic Information systems, (GIS) technologies.
4. Identifies and defines study and mapping standards and recommends modification so that hazard maps and studies reflect current policy and requirements including utilizing a risk-based approach for program implementation that focuses work products and efforts towards areas of greatest risk to population, property and the NFIP Program.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your demonstrated ability and experience in project management of numerous simultaneous projects with diverse partners, including coordination with stakeholders, budget planning and tracking, schedule management, performance measurement, and maintenance of project records.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
5. Ensures delivery of strategies, including critical messages, to internal and external stakeholders of major programs, including the Multi-Hazard Flood Risk MAP Program.
6. Coordinating with staff and other organizations in facilitating feedback and provide program direction to staff in accomplishing the overall mission.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your knowledge of the principles, concepts and practices associated with the field of floodplain management and knowledge of federal, state and local governments and how they interrelate concerning floodplain management.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
7. Experience directing the assurance of quality levels through product development, customer service delivery and product delivery in identifying and resolving controversial situations that require the explaining and justifying of decisions made through the National Flood Insurance Program.
8. Ability to leverage experiences in a team and potentially as a member of Integrated project Teams, Regions, the national contractor, Regional IDIQ contractors, and state/local communities to ensure program needs are met.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your demonstrated ability and experience communicating orally and rendering information in easily understood written form; ability to conduct meetings and responds to information requests from various entities; ability to address controversial issues involving varying stakeholders including congressional staffers, governors, other state and local officials, and the public.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
9. Serve as an authoritative source of consultation for other managers and program specialist.
10. Defend controversial findings in public or high-level forums.
11. Represents before public bodies the interests of the organization, program and/or government.
12. Assists managers in the preparation of workforce management and structure change memorandums.
Choose the answer for each task statement from the list below that best describes your ability to analyze complex programs, develop and implement strategies for achieving program goals and metrics, plan for future contingencies, work within a team, and effectively resolve problems.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
13. Reviews and evaluates planning programs for effectiveness and integration with federal plan for the regional office, including tracking and measuring program successes.
14. Ensures the use of guidance to be used for implementing criteria and evaluating programs.
15. Coordinates and may assist with the development of guidance with other federal officials and staff.