Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Reasonable Accommodations for taking the online assessments are provided on a case-by-case basis only to qualified individuals with a disability covered by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended.
Do you have a disability (physical or mental) that you believe will interfere with completing the online assessments and require a Reasonable Accommodation?
Please review the description below and select the most appropriate category (you must choose one):
Choose 001 - Competitive Referral: This applies to the following candidates:
Choose 002 - Non-Competitive MP: This applies to the following candidates:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please answer yes or no to statement number below. Your response will determine if you are qualified for the Special Assistant, GS-301-14 position.
1. I have at least 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or above in the Federal Service as of the closing date of the announcement. Specialized experience is experience which is in or directly related to the work of the position. Please refer to the vacancy announcement for examples of specialized experience.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.
Note: Submission of this electronic questionnaire is certification that all responses are true to the best of your knowledge. Materially false, fictitious or fraudulent statements or representations are subject to disciplinary action.
2. Develop systematic approaches to identifying strategies, processes, and initiatives most important to accomplish the global mission of the Agency.
3. Coordinate projects and work activities in areas of assigned responsibility that may span over organizational lines and require input from several offices reach desired goal.
4. Develop detailed plans, goals, and objectives for long-range implementation, administration and change of programs.
5. Study the background of assigned projects, researches applicable papers, covering any and all issues involving or impacting on the Agency.
6. Coordinate and provide interpretation and guidance on overall operational policy and special issues which can cross organizational lines.
7. Analyze, evaluate and develop plans to improve the effectiveness of Office programs.
8. Brief senior management and ensure actions emanating are implemented in substantive and measurable ways.
9. Collaborate and coordinate with appropriate Office and Directors on budget, Strategic Framework, Implementation and Operational Plans, policy positions, and strategies to identify potential issues and solutions.
10. Identify and assess emerging, standing, complex, or precedent-setting issues impacting Office operational procedures, policies, activities and resources.
11. Monitor work products to ensure that Agency priorities and quality levels are met.
12. Develop briefing papers providing the probable consequences of various courses of action, along with recommendations.
13. Provide technical and administrative leadership and coordination necessary to resolve matters which are controversial and/or complex.
14. Prepare reports, briefing papers, speeches and other documents for senior management.
15. Participate in meetings and conferences with high level Agency officials and other state and foreign officials to identify and discuss issues and problems of mutual interest.
16. Present positions, conclusions, alternative; obtain agreement and concurrence; and develop courses of action to resolve potential problems.