Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the description below, select the one which best describes your education and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Epidemiologist, GS-601-14:A. I have a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with major study in an academic field related to the health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
2. From the description below, select the one which best describes your experience as it relates to the basic qualification requirements for Epidemiologist, GS-601-14.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have no education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Develop policy, objectives and programs related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Program.
4. Design epidemiologic studies, surveys, and investigations related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Program.
5. Plan epidemiologic studies, surveys, and investigations related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Program.
6. Initiate epidemiologic studies, surveys, and investigations related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Program.
7. Identify public health issues related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Program and their impact on public policies, goals and objectives.
8. Analyze public health issues related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Program and their impact on public policies, goals, and objectives.
9. Provide leadership on epidemiologic projects related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Program to meet program objectives.
10. Formulate decisions related to work issues.
11. Provide leadership and guidance to team members.
12. Provide leadership in the development and execution of emergency response activities, operational research projects, capacity building programs, and/or data driven public health policy projects.
13. Develop and maintain relationships among national and international public health groups.
14. Present on scientific or technical issues related to Field Applied Epidemiology Training Program to scientific and/or technical audiences and non-scientific audiences.
15. Present to small or large groups (20 or more) within and/or outside the agency.
16. Provide technical advice and assistance to partner organizations, such as the Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, United Nations Children's Fund, World Health Organization, and many non-governmental organizations.
17. Fluency in the French language is required
18. Prepare briefing materials on research activities for senior leadership.
19. Review the substance of reports, decisions, and contracts to ensure that policies accurately reflect the position of the organization and the views of the agency.
20. Prepare epidemiological or other health science research papers or reports, relevant to the work of this position for publication in peer reviewed journals.
21. Excellent written French skills are required
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.