Please indicate below how you would like to be considered for this position. You may make more than one selection as applicable. You will only be considered under the options you have selected, so please choose carefully.
MERIT PROMOTION You may apply under Merit Promotion procedures if you meet the requirements for one of the following categories:
1. Current competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status applying for promotion or transfer to a position at a higher grade level than your current permanent position in the competitive service.
2. Current competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status applying for reassignment, transfer, or change to lower grade to a position that has greater promotion potential than currently or previously held on a permanent basis in the competitive service.
3. Current competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status applying to a temporary promotion in excess of 120 calendar days to a higher graded position or one with higher potential than position previously held on a permanent basis in the competitive service.
4. Former competitive service Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility applying to a higher grade or position with greater promotion potential than a position previously held on a permanent basis in the competitive service.
If applying based on #1-4 above, you must provide a copy of your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing tenure group 1 or 2 in block 24. You should also submit your most recent performance appraisal.
5. Veterans eligible under the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA). You must submit a copy of your DD-214.
NON-COMPETITIVE AUTHORITY - You may apply under Non-Competitive procedures if you meet the requirements for one of the following categories:
1. C urrent competitive service Federal employees with career or career-conditional status who hold a position with the same or higher promotion potential as the position applying for; or former competitive service Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility who held a position with the same or higher promotion potential as the position applying for. You must provide a copy of the SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action, showing the same or higher promotion potential as that of the position applying for (i.e. initial hire action, promotion action or reassignment action.) Do not submit SF-50s for awards, within grade increases or pay adjustments.
2. Veterans eligible for a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA). You must submit a copy of your DD-214. NOTE: VRA only applies to positions at the GS-11 level and below.
3. 30% or more disabled veterans. You must submit your DD-214 and a completed SF-15.
4. Military spouses whose active duty military spouse: 1) receives a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move; 2) has a 100% disability rating; or 3) died while on active duty. For further information and eligibility criteria, please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/shams/index.aspx#msaa.
5. Persons with disabilities eligible for a Schedule A appointment. You must provide proof of disability and certification of job readiness.
6. Former Peace Corps or VISTA volunteers. You must provide documentation as proof of non-competitive eligibility.
7. Employees in the excepted service under an OPM approved Interchange Agreement.
1. From the responses below, choose the letter that describes your education or education and experience in order to meet the Basic Qualification.A. I have a full 4-year course of study that meets all the requirements for a bachelor's degree with major study in agricultural science or related disciplines. (You must submit transcripts)
Your responses to the questions below will be used in the evaluation of your qualifications for the Technical Information Specialist position. Your resume and application materials must support the level of experience and/or education you claim in this questionnaire. If, after a complete review of your application package, a determination is made that you have overstated your qualifications, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
2. I possess one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-09 level. Specialized experience is defined by the following: Analyzing and organizing miscellaneous science related technical information or materials; gathering information from a wide variety of sources; analyzing information and responding to inquiries from customers requesting technical information; applying subject matter knowledge in the field of agricultural and/or related sciences to respond to customer inquiries; and locating highly technical and specialized information presenting findings in reports, summaries, charts, or other formats.A. Yes
For each of the following tasks, choose the statement from the list of level descriptions below that best describes your experience and/or training. You must respond to questions about the education and/or specialized experience you have had that is related to the requirements of the job you are applying for. Answer the questions to the best of your ability. Your narrative resume and/or other application materials must contain evidence to support your responses. Your responses are also subject to verification through background checks, job interviews, or any other information obtained during the application process. Please select only one response for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Use knowledge of computer-based databases or information tracking systems to monitor, maintain, or update data, records or other information.
4. Classify or catalogue information within a technical information system that provided information from a variety of different sources.
5. Utilize various applications, databases, and operating systems to analyze information for requirements, preparation of reports and interpretation and guidance.
6. Created computerized databases to organize and maintain information.
7. Manipulated data in a computer database, for example, importing, exporting, merging, updating, sorting data, etc.
8. Utilized search techniques associated with a wide variety of computer based information systems.
9. Perform searches and assist users in accessing various computer based information systems.
10. Research and retrieve information from the Internet, files, documents, reports, publications and other materials.
11. Develop new services and collections and utilize new scientific information technology.
12. Ensured accuracy of budget formulation data.
13. Analyzed and summarized financial and/or budgetary information related to assigned areas of an organization's financial programs.
14. Gathered and compiled financial and/or budgetary information or data related to assigned areas of an organization's financial programs.
15. Establish and maintain good working relations with scientists, administrators and other users of information sources.
16. Communicate with intra-agency leadership, supervisors, university grantee leaders and managers, or other officials as a regular and recurring part of a job.
17. Present, review, or defend policy and procedure documents, issue papers, and technical and non-technical papers.
18. Work effectively with co-workers, supervisors and higher management.
19. Interact with national and international stakeholders of all levels within and outside the organization.
20. Explain technical or other complex information to wide variety of individuals.