1. Select the one statement that best describes the experience that you possess that demonstrates your ability to perform Human Resource Specialist (Compensation) work at the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that included providing technical advice on compensation laws, regulations, and procedures; recommending resolutions to issues that are highly controversial, and/or precedent setting; and conducting critical agency studies to evaluate the operation of a compensation program.
For each question/statement, select the ONE response description that best describes your experience and record your selections. Please select only one response for each item.A- I have not had experience in performing this task.
2. Review and assess the effectiveness of the organizations employee compensation program.
3. Examine and estimate the effect of various work scheduling and overtime options on the organization.
4. Develop various measurement techniques/processes that are useful tools for different levels of decision-makers to evaluate the success of a compensation program.
5. Validate assigned compensation programs meet requirements outlined in the agency self-assessment guidance and guidelines of higher authorities.
6. Ensure that leave bank and leave sharing program meet regulatory compliance.
7. Analyze regulations to develop operating procedures or processes for an organization's alternative work schedule.
8. Develop operating procedures on recruitment, relocation, and retention incentive programs ensuring that they meet regulatory compliance.
9. Review draft regulations, OPM directives, relevant decisions and rulings, or other guidance for impact on the serviced organization.
10. Advise managers of compensation program administration changes that impact their programs or areas of interest.
11. Provide managers and employees with advice on Title V pay and leave administration laws, regulations, and legal authorities.
12. Advise maangement, employees, and/or union officials on work scheduling and hour of work requirements and flexibilites, including alternative work schedules.
13. Advise on premium pay entitlements associated with various work scheduling scenarios (i.e. overtime, night, or Sunday pay).
14. Advise maangement on legal regulatory compliance, such as avoiding unnecessary costs, settling claims agaisnt the Government, etc.
15. Advise management on legal regulatory compliance issues.
16. Develop impact figures and narratives in light of the long and short-term compensation goals.
17. Prepare reports identifying trends and patterns in overtime and other premium pay entitlement used.
18. Advise management on legal regulatory compliance issues.
19. Revise a documentation system to ensure success of the organization's compensation practices and operations.
20. Assess and document the projected impact of changes on the organization's practices and operations.
21. Are you a current FDA-wide employee serving in a permanent, competitive position?A. Yes (You must submit your SF-50 at time of application submission)