If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service?
For information on who is required to register for the Selective Service, please visit The Who Must Register Page
Thank you for your interest in the Supervisory Librarian (GS-1410-13) position at our Agency. We will evaluate your resume and your responses to this Assessment Questionnaire to determine if you are among the best qualified for this position. Your responses are subject to verification. Please review your responses for accuracy before you submit this questionnaire.
1. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the minimum qualifications requirements for the Professional Librarian Series.
2. Choose the one answer that best describes how you meet the basic qualifications requirements of a Librarian, GS-1410-13 as described in the Qualifications Section of the Vacancy Announcement.
The following section is used to determine your non-competitive eligibility or priority consideration. If you want non-competitive or priority consideration, you must submit the required documentation to verify your eligibility as indicated.
1. Schedule A (Individuals with Disabilities) - I am an individual who has a permanent, severe physical, psychiatric, or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, and wish to be considered non-competitively.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit Proof of Disability. If you are selected, you will be asked to provide a Certificate of Job Readiness. You can obtain this documentation from a licensed medical professional; licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist (State or private); or any Federal agency, State agency, agency of the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits.
For more information on this hiring flexibility, please visit the USAJobs Individuals with Disabilities PageA. Yes
2. Commissioned Corps Member– I am currently an officer enlisted in the PHS Commissioned Corps. I am interested in staying in the Corps if selected. NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you will NOT be referred on the competitive Delegated Examining certificate of eligibles, as selection from that list would require you to resign or retire from the Corps. For more information on the Commissioned Corps, please visit the U.S. Public Health Service Commission Corps Website.
3. Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)/Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) - I am a current or former federal employee displaced from a position in a federal agency (e.g., IRS, VA, Dept of Labor, etc.) in the same local commuting area of the vacancy. I have a current (or last) performance rating of record of at least fully successful or the equivalent. Applicants eligible under ICTAP/CTAP are provided priority selection for vacancies within the local commuting area for which they apply and are well qualified.
NOTE: If you select "yes" in response to this question, you must submit copies of the appropriate documentation, such as a reduction in force (RIF) separation notice, a SF-50 reflecting your RIF separation, or a notice of proposed removal for declining a directed reassignment or transfer of function to another commuting area. You must also submit documentation to reflect your current (or last) performance rating of record.
For more information on ICTAP/CTAP, please visit OPM’s The Employee's Guide to Career Transition Page.A. Yes
For the following questions, please indicate YES or NO to best describe your experience and/or training.
1. Have you provided direct library reference services in a biomedical or health science environment?A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Perform in-depth subject searches of multiple online information resources.
3. Perform in-depth subject searches of multiple print information resources.
4. Conduct information searches that extend beyond standard practices and approaches.
5. Identify appropriate scholarly, scientific, professional, or consumer health literature in various formats for inclusion in a library or information center.
6. Develop new approaches and methods to resolve unusual information problems.
7. Perform searches utilizing a variety of databases such as full-text data bases, research and technical reports, legislative histories, specialized journal articles or historical materials.
8. Interpret and evaluate information pertinent to research projects.
9. Perform acquisition functions in a library or information center.
10. Perform cataloging, classification and subject analysis of monographs or serials.
11. Perform serials functions in a library or information center.
12. Perform collection access functions in a library or information center.
13. Perform specialized or authoritative cataloging.
14. Locate obscure information using standard and automated information search techniques.
15. Solve precedent-setting information gathering problems.
16. Provide research services to users including locating and evaluating the information.
17. Develop strategic goals and objectives for a library or information center.
18. Write memoranda and reports related to library operations.
19. Evaluate and assess existing and new services and systems to ensure that user needs are met.
20. Develop standard operating procedures for a library that ensure adherence to national/international standards.
21. Identify and recommend the use of methods to improve library efficiency.
22. Evaluate, select, and test automated library systems.
23. Define and request modifications to automated library systems.
24. Develop user instructions or documentation for automated library system applications.
25. Design, evaluate, and implement search and retrieval systems for databases, websites or other library systems.
26. Provide technical advice and assistance to users of electronic biomedical information resources.
27. Evaluate library services using surveys or other tools.
28. Analyze survey results to identify areas in need of improvement.
29. Make recommendations for improving library programs and resources to senior managers.
30. Update or modify information database systems, policies and procedures to meet technological or usage changes.
31. Obtain feedback from clients to aid the organization in modifying its services.
32. Develop new approaches and methods to resolve highly unusual information problems.
33. Develop policies, program, or products for an automated library system.
34. Develop and implement performance evaluation plans for subordinate employees.
35. Reward and discipline employees.
36. Resolve conflicts, differences, or problems among team members.
37. Plan work assignments for employees.
38. Identify developmental and training needs of employees based on organizational goals and budget.
39. Provide technical guidance to functional staff.
As previously explained, your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
40. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.