Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 15.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Research Epidemiologist, GS-0601-15.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Supervisory Research Epidemiologist, GS-0601-15.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.
3. Formulate, develop and direct broad programs on active epidemiology research of occupational traumatic injuries which are of a national and international interest.
4. Serve as a recognized expert in the field of occupational injury epidemiology.
5. Serve as chief of an organizational unit responsible for designing, planning, conducting and publishing of epidemiologic research of occupational traumatic injuries.
6. Direct a staff of researchers and provide oversight of research assignments.
7. Provide direction for the development of new projects keeping aware of current and historic scientific literature, emerging technology, activities of Institute staff, and interacting with other researchers and managers in government, academia, labor and industry.
8. Plan and review project plans to develop innovative research programs in occupational injury epidemiology, including causative risk factor assessment and intervention effectiveness evaluation.
9. Monitor the Branch projects so that planned activities are completed on schedule and final reports are appropriately prepared and reviewed before publishing.
10. Conduct long-range planning, cost-effectiveness assessments and implement program modifications as needed,
11. Review publications for accuracy prior to publication into professional, technical and trade journals.
12. Develop performance standards and manage staff performance through performance evaluations and employee recognition programs.
13. Oversee recruitment, hiring and retains staff to achieve the organization's mission and program goals.
14. Initiate non-discriminatory practices and affirmative action under his/her supervision.
15. Effect minor disciplinary measures such as warnings and reprimands.
16. Hear and resolve complaints from employees and works with CDC Human Capital and Resources Management Office on the more serious complaints.
17. Provide a safe and healthful work environment for employees and ensures that all equipment, supplies, and tools are procured in order for the employee's work space to be as conductive to productive work as possible.
18. Assign, prioritize, and monitor the work of the Branch to ensure activities are completed on schedule.
19. Lead, organize and participate in technical and professional activities of national and international organizations to present research results.
20. Represent the organization by leading or participating in key scientific task forces, meetings and committees.
21. Establish partnership agreements to advance the epidemiologic research of occupational traumatic injuries and use of findings in preventive efforts.
22. Publish research results in peer-reviewed journals, trade publications, conference proceedings, and NIOSH documents.
23. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.