Read the statements below to determine what options (001 and 002) you are eligible to apply. You must enter at least one code.
001 - Merit Competitive: I am eligible to be considered under merit promotion procedures because I am a current or former Federal employee working in a permanent competitive service position; or I am a veteran with preference; or I am a veteran who has been honorably discharged and substantially completed at least 3 years of continuous active duty service. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility.)
002 - Noncompetitive: I am eligible to be considered under this specialty code because I meet the requirements for a noncompetitive appointment. Examples of non-competitive appointing authorities may include but not limited to: 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, Persons with Disabilities (Schedule A), PHS Commissioned Officer, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA) [for positions up to the GS-11 Federal level], Peace Corps employees, current/former Federal employees who currently hold or previously held a Federal competitive position with promotion potential at or above the full performance level listed for this position, and a current Federal employee working in an excepted service position covered by an Interchange Agreement. (You must submit documentation to support your eligibility for noncompetitive appointment).
1. Select the statement that describes how you meet the specialized experience requirements for this position at the GS-13 levelA. I have at least one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or higher in the Federal service) developing, scheduling and coordinating projects and resources for the management of project/program operations; using analytical tools to analyze and report on various Web analytics, including search and browsing behavior, modeling capability, and usability testing; and advising on the policies, methods, and technical applications to deliver regulatory content and various other information through the Web.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Develop strategies for overall design, content presentation, look and feel and structure of Intranet and Internet websites.
3. Coordinate a Web information architecture and communications strategy.
4. Assess the dissemination of information regarding Web content to internal and external audiences through Intranet and Internet means.
5. Review established policies to improve the efficiency of operations, including studies conducted on work activities.
6. Evaluate Web operations to identify transactions necessary for the effective operation of business needs.
7. Collaborate with communications specialists to create short and long term communications projects and campaigns, such as newsroom, online publications, and social media tools.
8. Identify methods and practices for mining customer relationship information from a variety of resources, including Web site traffic statistics, Web logs, and usability testing data.
9. Analyze periodic statistical data for the web sites, social media programs and other online applications.
10. Use analytical tools, such as WebTrends, Omniture, Google Analytics, SQL or similar technologies.
11. Develop reports summarizing results from Web analytics, surveys and other measurements to determine social media buzz, general sentiment about a subject, and demographic analysis.
12. Develop data aggregation or data dashboard applications.
13. Implement systems for communicating findings on program operations to senior management.
14. Formulate project/program management control and tracking techniques to monitor program/project performance.
15. Recommend improvements to the delivery of information to the public.
16. Participate in Web governance council and cross-sector teams for the purpose of conducting analytical/metrics projects.
17. Advise staff on emerging Web, social media technologies, trends and industry news.
18. Recommend improvements to the goals and objectives for organization-wide Web policies, programs, and activities.