Enter your Social Security Number. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
The Vacancy Identification Number is: 785852
Supervisory IT Specialist (IT Program Manager)
Enter the lowest grade level (14-14) you will accept.
The occupational specialty will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one occupational specialty code for this position. The specialty code for this position is:
The geographic location code will be selected for you if there is only one, otherwise, select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
Please insert the total number of years and months of your job related experience.
1. From the descriptions below, select the letter corresponding to the statement that most clearly and accurately describes the experience/education you have to meet the basic requirements for this position.A. I have information technology related experience or appropriate IT education that demonstrates possession of each of the four required competencies related to attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving.
2. From the descriptions below, choose the letter that best describes the highest level of experience you have that demonstrates your ability to perform GS-2210-14, Supervisory Information Technology Specialist (IT Program Manager) work. (Note: One year of specialized experience is based on a 40-hour work week. If you have worked less than 40 hours per week, you must prorate our experience)A. I have at least one year of full-time (12-months) specialized work experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service that included: directing and managing major applications software projects; designing, documenting, developing, modifying, testing, installing, implementing, and supporting new or existing software applications projects; and exercising full supervisory or lead responsibility over an information technology staff.
3. For this position, possession of Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred. Do you have PMP Certification?A. Yes.
The following statements pertain to your ability to manage and direct applications software projects.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience or training. Please select one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Direct and manage major applications software projects.
5. Analyze, refine, and translate systems requirements into applications prototypes.
6. Plan, design, and document systems, database, and applications architecture.
7. Work with users to test applications.
8. Ensure software and systems quality and functionality.
9. Integrate hardware, software, and database components.
10. Appraise applications to ensure they are providing cost-effective, operationally supportable, and administratively efficient solutions that satisfy agency needs and that are consistent with government guidelines and standards.
11. Provide advice and assistance related to the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) process improvement approach.
12. Work with the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) practices within a government setting.
13. Analyze business requirements and develop and implement effective IT solutions.
Work with End Users to obtain required training for the applications being deployed.
The following statements pertain to your ability to supervise an IT staff.
15. Develop short and long range plans for the management of human and material resources to achieve IT program objectives.
16. Plan work to be accomplished and ensure agency-wide IT objectives are achieved.
17. Monitor work progress and evaluate employee performance.
18. Interview candidates for positions and recommend or approve selections.
19. Approve or propose disciplinary actions for subordinate employees.
20. Determine and/or approve training needs for subordinate employees.
21. Recommend or approve awards and bonuses for subordinate employees.
22. Hear and resolve employee complaints.
23. Provide technical or policy advice and guidance for work accomplishment.
The following statements pertain to your ability to communicate orally.
24. Represent IT senior leadership on committees, conferences, and meetings.
25. Provide technical advise, assistance, and recommendations to senior management related to applications software projects.
26. Provide consultation to management, contractors, and other personnel at all levels in the organization regarding IT programs.
27. Establish and maintain liaison with officials of government agencies and industry personnel and stay abreast of the latest technological developments to ensure use of state-of-the-art systems and applications.