1. Are you a U.S. Citizen?A. Yes
2. Are you a Graduate of an American Council on Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE) accredited College or School of Pharmacy with a baccalaureate degree in pharmacy (BA Pharmacy) and/or a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.) degree? Prior to 2005 ACPE accredited both baccalaureate and Doctor of Pharmacy terminal degree program. Today the sole degree is Doctor of Pharmacy. COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED.A. Yes
3. Do you possess a current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice pharmacy in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e. Puerto Rico) of the Unites States, or in the District of Columbia?A. Yes
4. Are you proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), 7407(d)?A. Yes
5. Do you posses 1 full year of creditable experience at the GS12 grade level which is directly related to Clinical Pharmacy such as handling routine medication-related activities in accordance with local, Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN), and national policies and regulations. These include, but are not limited to: reviewing, interpreting, and verifying medication orders for appropriateness; processing and filling medication orders; interacting with and making recommendations to other clinical staff regarding medication therapy ordered to ensure safe and effective care; reviewing the patient's medications, allergies, labs and other pertinent information from the medical record to identify and solve medication-related problems; contacting providers as appropriate; documenting recommendations and interventions; providing refill extensions and partial medication supplies; taking health and medication histories; performing medication reconciliation; providing drug information; assisting in formulary management including therapeutic substitutions, non-formulary reviews and medication usage evaluations; documenting and assessing adverse drug events (ADEs); assisting in medical emergencies; providing oversight of technical staff in all aspects of medication distribution.A. Yes
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item. If faxing in the Occupational Questionnaire, Form 1203-FX, darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of this form.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
6. Knowledge of professional pharmacy practice.
7. Ability to negotiate to influence clinical and management decisions.
8. Skill in utilizing regulatory and quality standards to develop and implement operational programs.
9. Skill in managing multiple and diverse people or programs.
10. Skill in utilizing available resources to support the mission of and goals of the organization.
11. Ability to plan, organize and direct the functions of the pharmacy staff.
12. Knowledge of laws, regulations, and accreditation standards related to the distribution and control of scheduled and non-scheduled drugs and pharmacy security.
13. Skill in monitoring and assessing the outcome of drug therapies including physical assessment and interpretation of laboratory and other diagnostic parameters.
14. Communicate orally to both patients and health care staff regarding complex clinical and technical issues.
15. Communicate in writing to persuade both patients and health care staff regarding complex clinical and technical issues.
16. Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the facility where the vacancy is located?A. Yes
17. Are you currently a permanent federal employee of the Department of Veterans Affairs? If yes, include a copy of your most recent Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50), and ensure that Items 24 and 34 are completed.A. Yes
18. Are you a Veteran eligible for Veteran Preference? If yes, include a copy of your DD-214 (Member 4 Copy), indicating your Character of Service.A. Yes
19. I certify all of my answers and information contained in my submitted application materials are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.A. Yes