Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we cannot process your application without it.
Please enter your e-mail address in the space provided. If you do not provide an e-mail address you may not receive a notice of your results.
Enter the lowest grade (09) you will accept for this position.
The specialty code(s) for this position is (are):
The location code(s) for this position is (are):
Select the appropriate answer to each of the following questions based on your current level of education and/or experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of this position. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR GS-09
1. Do you possess one (1) year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal Service) where the specialized experience is defined as experience performing analytical and evaluative duties in a hospital or medical center environment? Duties include analyzing data for management of clinical and administrative processes and programs to improve organizational effectiveness and compliance with performance measures; assessing productivity, effectiveness, and efficiency of program operations, developing plans, goals, and objectives for the long range implementation of administrative and clinical programs; Interpreting data and develop an action plan for improving compliance with the required initiatives or mandates; utilizing computerized data management systems to collect, format, calculate and disseminate findings; collect, analyze, and monitors data that is required for clinical and administrative inquiries, reports and initiatives; provides recommendations to management on organizational improvement, performance measures and program effectiveness; maintain data bases, interpret data and assists with trend analysis, interpret legislation governing health care and adjunct activities; make modifications that reflect policy changes as determined by leadership; write local policies regarding health care processes; Assists with training sessions and seminars for staff on ways to improve compliance using performance measures.A. Yes
2. I possess 2 years of progressively higher education leading to a masters degree or masters or equivalent graduate degree. This education must have been in a field related to the duties of the Program Analyst. (Transcripts Required)A. Yes
3. I possess a combination of specialized experience and education to qualify at the GS-9 level as described above. (Transcripts Required)A. Yes
The following statements pertain to your ABILITY TO CONDUCT ANALYTIC STUDIES USING QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYTICAL AND EVALUATIVE METHODS AND TECHNIQUES.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
4. Analyze management techniques, processes, systems and styles for the improvement of organizational effectiveness.
5. Analyze program objectives, and make revisions as necessary.
6. Compare data input with established reports noting discrepancies.
7. Analyze and evaluate the quantitative and qualitative bases, the effectiveness of programs and operations in meeting established goals and objectives.
8. Conduct analysis of reported data.
9. Establish sampling techniques.
10. Accomplish workload trend analysis.
11. Perform studies for identifying opportunities to improve customer service and process quality.
12. Assesses the productivity, effectiveness and efficiency of program operations.
The following statements pertain to your ABILITY TO PLAN AND ORGANIZE WORK.
13. Validate personal work and the work of others to ensure the reliability of information.
14. Manage projects which may require coordination with several other organizational units.
15. Establish goals, and meet deadlines based on knowledge of program and top-level policy directions.
16. Develop new or modify existing work methods.
17. Develop recommendations for corrective actions and methods to achieve efficient and effective programs.
18. Modify internal work processes and procedures to meet customer needs.
19. Organize and complete work based on deadlines, requirements, and the needs of different individuals.
20. Work with other internal services to ensure accuracy of information or findings.
The following statements pertain to your ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE EFFECTIVELY BOTH VERBALLY AND IN WRITING.
21. Interact with other employees at all levels both within and outside of an organization.
22. Serve as point of contact for data validation for a program or organization.
23. Give oral reports regarding status of section or program.
24. Provide recommendations on effective methods of achieving goals and objectives.
25. Develop oral presentations for various meetings and committees.
26. Meet with potential service providers or customers to initiate or assist in contract negotiations.
27. Present complex and/or controversial information that includes statistical analysis and recommendations.
28. Keep management informed of progress, potential problems, and/or controversial matters.
29. Educate individuals on how to utilize the data available from organizational data sources.
The following statements pertain to your ABILITY TO APPLY FEDERAL RULES, REGULATIONS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.
30. Evaluate the content of new or modified legislation or regulations to determine the impacts on programs and resources.
31. Advise and provide counsel to employees regarding administrative policies, procedures, and directives.
32. Establish procedures to meet program goals and to comply with applicable program regulations and laws.
33. Write local policies regarding health care processes.
34. Apply knowledge of principles and practices of personnel management, budgetary management, and organizational effectiveness.
35. Exercise a broad range of policy and planning principles, concepts, laws, regulations, and precedents sufficient to evaluate system-wide programs.
36. Make modifications that will reflect policy changes as determined by leadership.
37. Review and provide feedback on the content of complex information.
38. Keep abreast of key organizational activities, policies, and priorities likely to affect operations or the program area.
The following statements pertain to your ABILITY TO UTILIZE OFFICE COMPUTER SYSTEMS AND SOFTWARE.
39. Use of computer software programs and processes to permit the efficient and valid collection, management, and analysis of the data requested.
40. Use skill in computer technology, information systems, and data collection techniques to develop and analyze data.
41. Access a variety of data from a variety of systems.
42. Create databases and manage the data within the database.
43. Create briefing materials, including graphs and charts.
44. Prepare recurrent data reports (weekly, monthly, and quarterly).
Certification of Understanding - Select the appropriate answer to the statement below. Failure to provide an answer will result in your not being considered for this position.
45. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled; I may be denied an appointment; or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated and that responding "No" or providing no response to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I understand the information provided above and certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith.
Veteran's Preference Documentation Reminder - In order to receive appropriate preference consideration, you should submit proper documentation if you are claiming eligibility for veteran's preference, which includes a copy of your DD-214 (member copy 4 or earlier version that shows character of service). Applicant's claiming 10-Point preference should also submit an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran's Preference along with the required documentation listed on the SF-15 form (such as verification of service-connected disability percentage).
Transcript Reminder - If you are basing your qualifications on education (or a combination of education and experience) you must submit a copy of your transcripts (official or unofficial) or an appropriate course listing with your application.
Resume Reminder - Your resume (and/or OF-612) must include the following information for each job listed:
Duties (be as detailed as possible)
Month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008)
Full-time or part-time status (include hours worked per week)