1. From the descriptions below, please choose the BEST answer that demonstrates your education and/or experience related to this position.A. I have a degree in behavioral or social science; or related disciplines appropriate to the position.(Must submit transcripts)
2. Do you have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 in the Federal service, that included applying knowledge of legislation and regulations governing programs and services for the elderly; planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating programs and projects relevant to elderly and people with disabilities; developing reports and documents; and providing technical assistance and guidance on aging programs and policy issues?A. Yes
For each of the following task statements, select one response below (A-E) that best describes your experience level.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
3. Remain abreast of emerging developments in programs for the elderly and people with disabilities nationally.
4. Provide support for national nutrition-health initiatives (e.g. Older Americans Act C-2 Home Delivered Meal, Nutrition Services Incentive Program).
5. Review state plans and tribal applications and provide recommendations for approval, disapproval, or modification.
6. Interprets and applies Older Americans Act and grant administration laws, policies, procedures, and regulations.
7. Troubleshoot and evaluate aging programs services.
8. Analyze components of aging programs (e.g. organizational and operational problems, availability of resources for aging, training needs of aging professional and care providers).
9. Ensure program development and planning activities are consistent with established requirements.
10. Participate in the conceptualization of new demonstration projects.
11. Carry out project officer responsibilities for grants and/or contracts.
12. Evaluate proposed sites for prospective grantees.
13. Monitor grants of aging programs for compliance.
14. Evaluate alternative approaches to the management of training and technical assistance to contractors and grantees.
15. Recommend alternatives to enhance efficiency and effectiveness and monitor progress.
16. Provide technical assistance and guidance to Tribes on aging programs and policies issues.
17. Represent an organization in meetings with stakeholders regarding services to the elderly.
18. Serve as a technical representative to contractors engaged to provide services, conferences, and reports.
19. Prepare position papers on programs, policies, and legislation.
20. Develop program plans.
21. Write and review quarterly monitoring reports and cumulative annual reports.
22. Develop standards, policies, guidelines, and criteria concerning service delivery.