1. From the descriptions below, please select the statement that best describes your experience to perform the duties of an Executive Assistant, GS-301-13.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service that included: performing a wide-range of administrative support activities to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations; utilizing evaluative and analytical methods to assess the impact of changes in regulations on administrative operations; presenting findings and recommendations; and consolidating information and editing a range of documents for technical accuracy.
For each of the items below, select the one statement that most accurately describes your experience and capability using the scale below.A- I have no experience in performing this work behavior.
2. Evaluate the impact of new legislation on administrative management operations.
3. Research confidential and/or sensitive issues to analyze the implication on operating procedures.
4. Evaluate existing office procedures to recommend new administrative strategies.
5. Implement new office policies that impact the work of other staff members.
6. Review changes in regulations to recommend courses of action that impact administrative operations.
7. Prepare the agenda for meetings and/or conferences.
8. Edit a variety of documents (i.e. correspondence, briefing packages, legal opinions, etc.) prepared by other staff members for technical soundness.
9. Consolidate multiple comments and mark-ups from various reviews to produce a final document.
10. Prepare special reports and/or summaries to prepare senior officials for conferences or meetings.
11. Analyze data to organize information for reports.
12. Confer with program officials to verify researched information in reference documents.
13. Contact officials throughout an organization to solicit input on written documents.
14. Brief senior executives and/or staff on changes in operating procedures that incorporate new legislative requirements.