Your responses to the on-line questionnaire must be supported by your resume. Failure to do so may result in an ineligible rating.
FAILURE TO SELECT A RESPONSE TO THIS QUESTION WILL DEFAULT IN A NEGATIVE RESPONSE, WHICH WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FOR THIS POSITION.
1. There is a residency requirement for all applicants not currently employed by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This residency requirement states that candidates must have, for three of the last five years immediately prior to applying for this position(s); (1) resided in the United States; OR (2) worked for the United States Government as an employee overseas in a Federal or Military capacity; OR (3) been a dependent of a U.S. Federal or Military employee serving overseas. Do you meet these requirements?
The following questions will only be used to determine whether or not you meet the minimum qualification requirements for this position. You may wish to consult the vacancy announcement for a description of those requirements.
2. Which of the following statements best describes your experience?A. I have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-14 grade level Developing, implementing and communicating agile practices and methodologies for use in organizations; Coaching teams through the development of agile processes, the creation of user stories, tracking requirements, defining test procedures, and integrating development teams with Program Management Organizations (PMO); Speaking at industry events and symposia, and developing white papers, and briefing executives and other stakeholders; Turning around troubled programs through the use of Agile approaches; Implementing agile practices within an established Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) framework and adapting the SELC framework as necessary.
You must provide the position title(s) and dates of employment referenced in your resume that demonstrates the experience related to your response.
For each item, select the ONE response that most accurately describes your current level of experience and capability using the scale below.
3. Establish and enforce processes and practices supporting an Agile environment.
4. Develop and guide implementation activities using agile development methodologies.
5. Implementing agile software development methodology processes for managing software projects and products or application development.
6. Monitor agile development methodologies adherence to ensure effective management of numerous processes that weave throughout the projects life-cycle.
7. Provides guidance to team members regarding Agile/SCRUM methodology, tools and techniques.
8. Resolve customer concerns and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements to ensure customer satisfaction with product.
9. Motivate people to accomplish the work through technical direction and administrative oversight of others such as coaching, mentoring, team building, problem solving, and change management.
10. Communicate verbally to a diverse audience the entire life-cycle utilizing varied approaches from Agile, Scrum to Waterfall.
11. Articulate orally to individuals, high-level officials and groups.
12. Make clear and convincing presentations, listen effectively and clarify information.
13. Assures the rigorous application of information security policies, principles and practices is applied and adhered to in the development of agile processes and practices.
14. Implementing Agile development process, identifying problems and initiating improvements to correct development practices.
15. Work collaboratively across organizational boundaries and cross functional reporting relationships to achieve business and technology goals.
16. Serve as an Agile/Scrum Manager.
17. Experience with Agile methodologies and approaches, especially Scrum.
18. Experience with different Software Development LifeCycle processes such as: Agile, Scrum and Waterfall.
19. Applied metrics, analyzed trends, and applied best practices for measuring systems and software engineering processes with an Agile SCRUM environment for continuous improvement within and organization.
20. Prepares clear and concise written materials including briefing packages, correspondence, guidance documents, and informational documents on highly technical information.
21. Developing and interpreting policies, procedures, and strategies governing agile processes.
22. Articulate in writing to individuals, high-level officials and groups.
23. Establishes and prepares written documents, appendixes and standard operating procedures that support agile development.
24. As previously explained, your ratings in this Occupational Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you or for dismissing you from the position/agency.
Please take this opportunity to review your ratings to ensure their accuracy. By agreeing to the statement below, you are confirming that you: 1) understand this warning, 2) have reviewed your responses to this questionnaire for accuracy, and 3) verify that your responses accurately describe your current level of experience and capability.
Failure to agree to this statement will disqualify you from further consideration for the position.