1. Select the statement that describes how you meet the Specialized Experience for this position.A. I have at least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, providing technical guidance to management on HR concepts, laws, policies, practices and diagnostic methods to resolve various HR and legal issues; counseling employees in understanding and applying their retirement, health and life benefits; and researching employee benefit information to advise on factors affecting health and life insurance coverage.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Counsel employees who qualify for retirement benefits under two or more programs, such as military retirement, Social Security and Federal civilian programs.
3. Assist employees in calculating and crediting service under various and dissimilar retirement programs.
4. Provide guidance to employees in making irrevocable decisions regarding retirement benefits.
5. Administer a retirement program for a significant organizational segment of a client organization.
6. Advise employees on confidential health or life insurance coverage issues.
7. Counsel managers in making proper referrals to external resources for employees with sensitive or serious problems related to health and life insurance programs or issues.
8. Provide technical guidance on HR case law, principles, practices, and regulations sufficient to address legal issues, problems, and situations.
9. Recommend non-adversarial problem solving approaches (e.g. coalition building, consensus building, mediation, interest-based bargaining) to resolve problems of highly charged emotional situations.
10. Represent an organization at hearings on contested cases to support the organization's position.
11. Provide managers and employees with information and interpretations of employee benefits administration, including work life programs.
12. Respond to benefit questions from employees and/or their survivors.
13. Deliver briefings to managers and staff to foster understanding and acceptance of data regarding employee benefits.