Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Are you eligible for noncompetitive appointment?
This includes applicants who are eligible for special or noncompetitive appointment authorities such as 30% or more compensable disabled veterans, persons with disabilities and PHS Commissioned Corps Officers. This also includes applicants who meet the qualifications for this position and who have previously held, or currently hold, a Federal position at the grade of this position.
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 09.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Minimum Qualification Requirements for Program Support Specialist (Operations Support Specialist), GS-301-09.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Conduct studies of program of the major components of the organization to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the structure of the organization.
3. Formulate recommendations and opinions based on background and understand policies, regulations, past practices, procedures and information.
4. Assess organizational and program problems and work processes and procedures identifying problem areas making recommendations as necessary.
5. Gather and organize information from a variety of sources such as records, computer flies, previous studies and interviews developing solutions and measurements of productivity and effectiveness for use by others.
6. Conduct studies of existing procedures and makes recommendations or independently revises and develops alternative procedures improving the operation of the program.
7. Participates in segments of studies under the lead of higher graded specialists performing preliminary analysis if required.
8. Utilizes available databases in tracking, locating and monitoring data essential to the operation of the office identifying barriers more effective planning.
9. Develops, compiles, interprets, monitor and evaluates formation/data from a variety of different sources.
10. Responsible for noting trends and identifying and resolving discrepancies when detected.
11. Ensure compliance and timeliness are met setting up controls and establishing procedures.
12. Conduct varies complex studies and program analysis activities evaluating and analyzing data.
13. Assist senior specialist in developing standard operating procedures and subsequent manual issuances for approval by upper management.
14. Responsible for formulating databases and recommending new software applications for all phases of office operations.
15. Represent the program in Office meetings or as a member of working groups to advocate policies and priorities administrative or management areas.
16. Participate and plan meetings, conferences, and committees advocating policies and priorities assuring appropriate parties are notified and agenda prepare background information for speakers.
17. Advise and assist management and promotes activities to ensure awareness of the program organization.
18. Train others in the conduct of staff support work in technical areas providing advice and guidance in the area of expertise.
19. Obtain appropriate information from appropriate sources drafting documents presenting Office's views, policies, and procedures.
20. Respond to inquiries addressing program management issues such as policy on recalls, emergencies, consumer complaints, FOI facilities and training, Official Establishment Inventory, firm registration, public affairs/information and compliance and other requested information which otherwise require management's personal attention.
21. Contributes to the improvement of the program by developing policies, procedures, and updating standard operating procedures pertinent to the program.