Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 13.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience to perform the duties of Health Communication Specialist, GS-1001-13.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service, performing health communication work in support of public health programs. This experience would include: developing, implementing, and evaluating health communication and education products and materials; translating scientific data into effective messages and materials that can be readily understood by key target audiences; and serving as a technical expert on communication issues, monitoring changes in the field in that may impact health communication content and program implementation, and modifying existing materials accordingly.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had the education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Provide consultation and technical assistance on planning health communication, advocacy, and marketing activities.
3. Identify health communication issues, monitor changes in the field that may impact health communication content and program implementation, and modify existing materials accordingly.
4. Ensure health communication products are based on accepted theory, principles, methods, and practices.
5. Create communication plans from conception to development, dissemination, and implementation.
6. Develop health communication materials using standard instructional design and state of the art and multimedia principles and techniques.
7. Develop health messages and materials that are valid and consistent with program objectives and priorities.
8. Use electronic health communication and marketing channels to increase the impact of science-based health information and interventions.
9. Respond to inquiries from media, health care providers, or the public.
10. Collaborate with subject matter experts in the development of health messages targeted or tailored for diverse audiences.
11. Guide the development, testing, and disseminating scientific information and audience-based public health products, tools, and messages.
12. Gather data to develop products such as fact sheets, program briefings, Questions and Answers, program summaries, Web pages, and program-in-briefs.
13. Develop long and short range planning documents for health communication, advocacy, or marketing activities and campaigns.
14. Manage public relation opportunities to promote and advance program goals, objectives, and priorities.
15. Serve as a contracting officer technical representative on technical monitor/project lead for communication contracts and cooperative agreements.
16. Plan and reports information about project budgets, timelines and evaluation activities to management.
17. Provide guidance to senior staff on a range of health communication and administrative issues.
18. Collaborate with other programs on cross-cutting issues related to health communication, education products and activities.
19. Establish internal and external partnerships to plan, implement, and evaluate communication and marketing campaigns and activities.
20. Maintain effective working relationships with health officials, partners, and community representatives.
21. Develop printed, electronic, and audiovisual materials for technical and lay audiences, scientific journals, and internet and other mass-media outlets.
22. Review, edit, and clear communication and marketing materials and presentations.
23. Coordinate with others on health media production and publications.
24. Ensure that organization brand and identity standards are met and clearance processes are followed.
25. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.