Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Are you a PHS Commissioned Officer (This includes active duty officers, inactive reserve officers, and applicants who have been approved for commissioning in the USPHS Commissioned Corps)?
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 14.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience to perform the duties of Public Health Analyst, GS-685-14.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service, evaluating and analyzing complex public health programs and policies to advise management on public health policies, operations, products, and services that contribute to the improvement of public health programs; building strategic partnerships in-line with agency priorities; conducting policy analysis and/or issues management; and representing public health programs or policies before Congress and representatives of other government agencies/State and local governments/ private industry/academia/consumer organizations/the scientific community.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Darken the oval corresponding to that statement in Section 25 of the Qualifications and Availability Form C. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
2. Define program requirements, build linkages, integrate program activities, assess impact and/or make decisions.
3. Serve as resource and authority on congressional/legislative activity.
4. Research and prepare recommendations for review by senior management on changes in strategy, policy or legislation.
5. Communicate to managers plans to manage public health issues within a diverse (e.g., multiple internal and external domestic and international partners) environment.
6. Serve as bureau or agency representative in presenting findings and delivering briefings which explain and justify recommendations and negotiate solutions to disputed recommendations.
7. Defend public health programs or policies before representatives of other government agencies, State and local governments, private industry, academia, consumer organizations, Congress and the scientific community.
8. Prepare issue and decision papers related to planning and evaluations used in briefing.
9. Develop analytic reports in support of strategic planning and evaluation programs and initiatives.
10. Prepare Congressional testimony, policy documents, reports, summaries in response to requests for information or for use during Congressional hearings.
11. Write new internal/external policies or recommendations based on changes in legislation, executive directives, issuances, etc.
12. Plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities.
13. Plan and assign work to be accomplished by subordinates.
14. Develop performance standards to evaluate work performance of subordinates.
15. Establish and maintain relationships with bureau or agency executives, representatives from Congress, state and local public health agencies, private industry, media, public health programs and other Federal agencies and/or foreign officials to effectively and efficiently operate public health programs.
16. Formulate appropriate plans and communications to manage public health issues within a diverse (e.g., multiple internal and external partners, and international partners) environment.
17. Advise management on a variety of complex issues involving the resolution of conflicting and controversial information with parties both within and outside the agency.
18. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.A. Yes, I certify that the information provided in this questionnaire is true, correct and provided in good faith, and I understand the information provided above.