1. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to this GS-12 position.A. I have 1 year of progressively responsible professional veterinary experience equivalent to the GS-11 level or higher in the Federal service that included applying scientific principles to areas related to animal health; analyzing scientific data regarding animal drugs or food ingredients to document the safety and effectiveness of new animal drugs; and assisting with scientific assessment to protect animal and human health AND a Master's degree in an area of specialization, including but not limited to, animal science, avian medicine, food safety, infectious diseases, veterinary clinical sciences, pathobiology, biomedical sciences, veterinary anatomy, veterinary preventive medicine, comparative biological sciences, epidemiology, veterinary parasitology, molecular veterinary biosciences, public health, microbiology, pathology, immunology, laboratory animal medicine, toxicology, wildlife, zoological animal medicine, or sciences related to the work of a veterinary medical officer position obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA) .
2. From the descriptions below, please choose the best answer that demonstrates your experience related to this GS-13 position.A. I have 1 year of progressively responsible professional veterinary experience equivalent to the GS-12 level or higher in the Federal service that included applying scientific principles to areas related to animal health; integrating data and information from a variety of sources to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of new animal drugs; and analyzing animal drug and food labels to ensure its validity AND a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree, obtained at a school or college of veterinary medicine accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education (AVMA) .
For each task in the following groups, choose the statement from the Level Descriptions that best describes your experience and/or training in that task. Select only one letter for each task.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Maintain alignment with animal health laws, regulations, policies, regulatory programs and/or precedents with governing laws.
4. Determine whether previously approved labeling should be updated on the basis of new animal safety standards or regulations.
5. Interpret laws, regulations and policies regarding animal health.
6. Participate in the implementation of regulations and policies pertaining to new drugs and/or feed ingredients intended for animal use.
7. Prepare medical related documents associated with animal products under review.
8. Analyze documents to review the safety and effectiveness of new animal drugs.
9. Evaluate data regarding the safety of animal drugs from various sources to suggest appropriate courses of actions.
10. Ensure regular communication among team members based on the needs of the project.
11. Create plans to accomplish review goals.
12. Interpret clinical data and histories of affected animals to document for future tracking.
13. Coordinate with scientists in government agencies, academia, and/or industry to exchange scientific data.
14. Provide scientific information to regulatory personnel within the organization.
15. Recommend solutions to problems involving the protection of animal and/or human health.