Enter your Social Security Number in the space indicated. Your Social Security Number is requested under the authority of Executive Order 9397 to uniquely identify your records from those of other applicants who may have the same name. As allowed by law or Presidential directive, your Social Security Number is used to seek information about you from employers, schools, banks and others who may know you. Providing your Social Security Number is voluntary, however we can not process your application without it.
Are you an ICTAP Eligible?
For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible see http://opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp#ictap. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85.0 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Are you eligible for Indian preference as defined by the Department of the Interior (DOI) and as evidenced by appropriate Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) authorized certification?
Are you eligible for preference based on being a Public Law 94-437 Indian Health Service Scholarship recipient? For more information, please click here.
Are you eligible for the Federal Employment Program for Persons with Disabilities? (For information on Schedule A appointments, see the OPM website.)
Enter the lowest grade level that you will accept for this position. The lowest grade for this position is 12.
If you are a male at least 18 years of age, born after December 31, 1959, have you registered with the Selective Service System?
Select/enter at least one occupational specialty. The specialty code for this position is:
Select/enter at least one geographic location in which you are interested and will accept employment. The location code for this position is:
1. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your education and/or experience and meets the Basic Qualification Requirements for Microbiologist, GS-403-12.A. I have completed the requirements for a bachelor's (or graduate) degree in microbiology; or biology, chemistry, or basic medical science that included at least 20 semester hours in microbiology and other subjects related to the study of microorganisms, and 20 semester hours in the physical and mathematical sciences combining course work in organic chemistry or biochemistry, physics, and college algebra, or their equivalent.
2. From the descriptions below, select the one which best describes your experience and meets the Additional Qualification Requirements for Microbiologist, GS-403-12.A. I have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, to include experience in clinical laboratory methods for Mycobacterium tuberculosis and utilizing SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) or SAS (Statistical Analysis System) to analyze large datasets generated through operational research pertaining to the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis.
For each task in the following group, choose the statement from the list below that best describes your experience and/or training. Please select only one letter for each item.A- I have not had education, training or experience in performing this task.
3. Use experience with clinical laboratory methods for the diagnosis of tuberculosis for consultation.
4. Use knowledge of clinical laboratory methods for the diagnosis of tuberculosis for training.
5. Use knowledge of clinical laboratory methods for the diagnosis of tuberculosis to ensure integrity through quality control assessment.
6. Plan and conduct scientific surveys/studies or projects to identify and solve tuberculosis laboratory systems problems.
7. Analyze public health issues and their impact on operations.
8. Conduct analytical studies related to the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis to synthesize the results of technical studies, projects, and programs.
9. Manage large datasets.
10. Design data collection instruments
11. Analyze data from large datasets
12. Interpret data from laboratory systems studies
13. Design educational material regarding the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis for teaching professional staff.
14. Serve as instructor for courses pertaining to the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis for laboratory staff and public health professionals
15. Educate laboratory and public health personnel regarding the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis.
16. Present decisions, conclusions, findings, or recommendations of projects pertaining to the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis to colleagues and leadership
17. Give presentations pertaining to the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis to large groups (20 or more) within and/or outside my organization.
18. Provide technical advice and assistance pertaining to the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis to national, state and local health agencies and to various other organizations.
19. Prepare briefing materials on research or surveillance activities pertaining to the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis for colleagues and leadership.
20. Lead or co-author writing of technical research or surveillance papers or reports pertaining to the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis.
21. Write articles, standard operating procedures, answers to frequently asked questions, summaries, or briefs on findings from scientific research pertaining to the laboratory diagnosis of tuberculosis.
22. Your responses in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification. Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your responses. Deliberate attempts to falsify information will be grounds for disqualifying you or for dismissing you from employment following acceptance. Please take this opportunity to review your responses to ensure their accuracy.
If you fail to answer this question, you will be disqualified from consideration for this position.
I certify that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, all of the information included in this questionnaire is true, correct, and provided in good faith. I understand that if I make an intentional false statement, or commit deception or fraud in this application and its supporting materials, or in any document or interview associated with the examination process, I may be fined or imprisoned (18 U.S.C. 1001); my eligibilities may be cancelled, I may be denied an appointment, or I may be removed and debarred from Federal service (5 C.F.R. part 731). I understand that any information I give may be investigated. I understand that responding "No" to this item will result in my not being considered for this position.